Sign in to follow this  
Hubbard

Yasar Dogu this weekend

no, varner lost 2:9 (not sure about the score) to ibrahim bolukbasi of turkey. then belukbasi pinned nurov. in the next match (semis), he was so exhausted that he lost like 0:10, 0:11 or so. he placed eventually 3rd.

Bolukbasi vs. Varner isn't recorded on video. :(

in the next round, here at 1:44:45, Nurov in red having the lead and being thrown and pinned by Bolukbasi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYiz8tcgl18

For the 3rd place, Bolukbasi destroyed veteran Fatih Cakiroglu, at 5:55:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO_fUFl0FqY

Edited by akzent

Yes, it must have been on C since it's not on A and B. Almost 2 hours there was no stream from C.

I got the info that Varner lost to Bolukbasi from 2 different sources in hall, one of them being Nurov. He told me the score was 9:2.

Ya, wow. Green, Varner, both struggling.

Did Aliyev wrestle 65? He really needs to figure out a way to wrestle 57. Just too small at 65.

Just saw Burroughs final. Khadijiev had his moments. Finally Burroughs had enough and, with one leg in the air, kind of forced Khadhjiev over and laced him.

dang, Asgarov is so slick. so much fun to watch when he decides to turn it on. 

not a showing by Green but remember these are non world events and are just used for practice. all that matters is Rio so basically you can't base anything on this tournament, the world cup or literally any match ever not wrestled at the Olympics. 

Am I right in reading that purevjav (the Mongolian that Burroughs beat in the world finals last year) just took bronze at 86kg?

If so that's amazing, I thought the dude seemed undersized at 74...guess I was wrong?

Edited by Specops76

he won 17rd :D holly cow, he beat Nick and won bronze medal in LAS VEGAS, Yashar Dogu is not Las Vegas where referee help u with bracket, it is really wrestling bro :D 

Man I always respected you but this makes you come off as just Dumb.  Do they not struggle with weight cutting in other countries?  I have been skeptical of Green performing at this weight for a while.  But it wasnt because he is an american or because I think it is fixed.  Weight cutting makes wrestling hard.  Sometimes really good wrestlers can't wrestle well at all because they cut way too much weight. Wrestlin 101 comrade. 

Guest ShannonSofield

Man I always respected you but this makes you come off as just Dumb.  Do they not struggle with weight cutting in other countries?  I have been skeptical of Green performing at this weight for a while.  But it wasnt because he is an american or because I think it is fixed.  Weight cutting makes wrestling hard.  Sometimes really good wrestlers can't wrestle well at all because they cut way too much weight. Wrestlin 101 comrade. 

Agreed. He came to this board offering insight and some insight, but has devolved into one of the trolls.

Lol, Abdullah is trolling but he's not wrong. That side of the bracket in Vegas was very easy. It wasn't fixed or anything but it was very weak. When he ran into Yazdani he lost badly. His performances against that level of competition to raised expectations. 

Although after watching some videos on this Turk who beat Green i'm still surprised Green lost to him. I mean this guy is not even close to a top 65 and it looks like Green might not be either. You have to remember there is a weight allowance at these tournaments. Green is another victim of the 6 weight system. 

Edited by Shiraz123

stop bitching about weight cutting. everyone gets it, doing it right is a long process that requires a lot of suffering and sacrifice. tough.

failing to adapt to the cut is no different than failing to improve skills, technique, conditioning, tactics, etc. it's certainly isn't an excuse to fail in competition.