Sign in to follow this  
WreslingSuperior

Medved Cup (Feb 18-19 2016)

At least we will get to see both Yazdani's solidfy their spots. Yazdani at 74 is my favorite but not sure he will make team. Yazdani at 97 will have to have another injury-I am guessing that is what they are testing Yazdani for to see if his body will hold up because he should tech Tahan right?

Oh ok he was scheduled for it on the list I saw. Are the rest of them going? 

They didn't update the list, so I assume there will be more changes. Ghasemi for example better prepare himself for the Asian Qualifiers in Kazakhstan,

Why the hell do they keep sending Tahan?  Venezuela finished ahead of him in Paris.....

You are right. After Reza Yazdani, Iran have 2011 & 2012 world junior champions at 97, Hamed Talebi & Mehran Mirzaei. Also there is Amir Mohammadi in 97. Tahan is instable and hardly can be Yazdani’s substitute.

Tahan won the quota , they just want to show they are treating him the same way as others. the same goes to Alireza Ghasemi. 

beside that they published that Medved list before Paris tourney , so I still except few more changes. 

Btw, Talebi has looked terrible recently and I don't even know what happened to Mirzaei.

Talebi just came back after a long absence , he had a surgery. he lost in the nationals and missed the Olympic trials. 

Mehran Mirzaei is banned for refusing to take a doping test last year. he is nothing special, he won his world junior title by forfeit. 

The Olympic spot will be between Yazdani, Mohammadi and Tahan, I highly doubt they invite anybody else for the Olympic trials, but if they want to, Nejatian and Hassan Rahimi jr. are next in line.

Maybe they should try one of these three young 86kg guys (Karimi, Goleij, Ebrahimi) at 97 after Yazdani is gone.

that's why they sent Mohammadian to 97. 

btw Lashgari and Jokar most probably will retire next year, 86kg won't be as strong as this year.

I remember Ghasempour, he had a great match vs Russia in Cadet worlds. Didn't know Moujerloo before today but found a bit on him. 

Iran 86 is interesting.

2012 - Ebrahimi wins junior worlds

2013 - Karimi would have won junior worlds but drew Israel and forfeited

2014 - Karimi wins junior worlds

2015 - Goleij wins junior worlds

Karimi doesn't draw Israel/Iran removed their stupid rules and that's four straight years of gold medals at that weight in the juniors. Btw, how old is Goleij? Still eligible for juniors or not?