Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

so much for the Altons suspension...

this is not about the altons

Of course not, we could tell that by the title of your thread. And, unfortunately, it seems this matter was handled internally without issuing a statement that addresses the reasonable issues you raise. I agree that this needs to be corrected and suggest that you send your resume to PSU, asking to replace Mr. Sanderson. As Mr. Dsauer22's post indicates, it's obvious that the head coaches establish the rules for handling these matters.

Assuming your resume is as eloquent as your posts in addressing the salient issues of the Alton's situation, I'm sure that PSU officials will promptly give it the type of attention it clearly deserves.

Thanks for the laugh, because that is hilarious....

(Couldnt get the trash can photo back in there.)

What ever the coaching staff/school decides as punishment is fine by me but I do think that a official statement should e made it would make wrestling seem more than just a minor secondary sport.

Hey, we're one of the 14 sports with its own page on ArrestNation.com, just like the "major" sports of football and basketball, and right on the same list as lacrosse, for which some might say mixes us amateurs with professional miscreants. ;)

http://arrestnation.com/category/sports/college-wrestling/

College Sports

Athletic Director

Baseball

Basketball

Football

Golf

Hockey

Lacrosse

Rugby

Soccer

Softball

Swimming & Diving

Tennis

Track and Field

Volleyball

Wrestling

Minnesota State University Moorhead assistant wrestling coach Nate Baker was arrested early Thursday (May 24, 2012) in Moorhead, Minnesota.

Baker was arrested after being pulled over for driving through a flashing red light. Baker had a blood-alcohol content of 0.173 percent. His driver’s license was revoked in 2006 after having three DUI convictions in 2005 and 2006.

Either this guy is 30 or he got his first DUI around age 16...

What ever the coaching staff/school decides as punishment is fine by me but I do think that a official statement should e made it would make wrestling seem more than just a minor secondary sport.

Hey, we're one of the 14 sports with its own page on ArrestNation.com, just like the "major" sports of football and basketball, and right on the same list as lacrosse, for which some might say mixes us amateurs with professional miscreants. ;)

http://arrestnation.com/category/sports/college-wrestling/

College Sports

Athletic Director

Baseball

Basketball

Football

Golf

Hockey

Lacrosse

Rugby

Soccer

Softball

Swimming & Diving

Tennis

Track and Field

Volleyball

Wrestling

Minnesota State University Moorhead assistant wrestling coach Nate Baker was arrested early Thursday (May 24, 2012) in Moorhead, Minnesota.

Baker was arrested after being pulled over for driving through a flashing red light. Baker had a blood-alcohol content of 0.173 percent. His driver’s license was revoked in 2006 after having three DUI convictions in 2005 and 2006.

Either this guy is 30 or his first DUI was earned around age 16...

The absolute hate and obsession directed at the PSU wrestling program continuously by the same posters is the ultimate compliment for Penn State Wrestling and it's fans. Many want to bring you down when you are on top, which is the obvious agenda of these posters. Iowa had to deal with the exact same thing for FAR longer than Penn State has. Unfortunately, said posters aren't smart enough to realize that their constant negative bias is the ultimate compliment. It's a shame, it's only a few guys on this board who go to such extreme levels, but, they make reading the board almost unbearable.

The absolute hate and obsession directed at the PSU wrestling program continuously by the same posters is the ultimate compliment for Penn State Wrestling and it's fans. Many want to bring you down when you are on top, which is the obvious agenda of these posters. Iowa had to deal with the exact same thing for FAR longer than Penn State has. Unfortunately, said posters aren't smart enough to realize that their constant negative bias is the ultimate compliment. It's a shame, it's only a few guys on this board who go to such extreme levels, but, they make reading the board almost unbearable.

I am an Oklahoma State fan and have no criticism or negative comments about PSU. They are the top wrestling program in the country and will stay that way for an extended period of time. Iowa, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Cornell, et al will be fighting for 2nd place. There will be a chance for a crack in the armor in a couple of years but not until then. I loved the four years Oklahoma State won from 2002-2006 but that will be difficult to replicate in the future as the talent in wrestling has spread out to other programs. PSU is right in the center of probably the top talent pool of high school talent in the country which gives Sanderson an advantage over Iowa and Oklahoma where high school wrestling is ghood but not great anymore (if you doubt that, look at the hometowns of the starting lineups for both Oklahoma State and Iowa). Everyone wants to see the top dog taken down. Remember ther crowd frenzy when Metcalf got beat by Caldwell, when McElravy (I misspelled that name badly) going for his 4th NCAA. Believe me, people were vicious and still are about Johnny Hendricks. I have gone to over 25 straight NCAA's and have watched the power drift from Iowa to Oklahoma State, to Minnesota, back to Iowa, back to Oklahoma State, and back to Iowa. Now we have that status residing at PSU. Yes, people will want to tear down the program but words really determine the outcome.

I am an Oklahoma State fan and have no criticism or negative comments about PSU. They are the top wrestling program in the country and will stay that way for an extended period of time. Iowa, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Cornell, et al will be fighting for 2nd place. There will be a chance for a crack in the armor in a couple of years but not until then. I loved the four years Oklahoma State won from 2002-2006 but that will be difficult to replicate in the future as the talent in wrestling has spread out to other programs. PSU is right in the center of probably the top talent pool of high school talent in the country which gives Sanderson an advantage over Iowa and Oklahoma where high school wrestling is ghood but not great anymore (if you doubt that, look at the hometowns of the starting lineups for both Oklahoma State and Iowa). Everyone wants to see the top dog taken down. Remember ther crowd frenzy when Metcalf got beat by Caldwell, when McElravy (I misspelled that name badly) going for his 4th NCAA. Believe me, people were vicious and still are about Johnny Hendricks. I have gone to over 25 straight NCAA's and have watched the power drift from Iowa to Oklahoma State, to Minnesota, back to Iowa, back to Oklahoma State, and back to Iowa. Now we have that status residing at PSU.

Yes, people will want to tear down the program but words really determine the outcome.

..words rarely determine the outcome.

I am an Oklahoma State fan and have no criticism or negative comments about PSU. They are the top wrestling program in the country and will stay that way for an extended period of time. Iowa, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Cornell, et al will be fighting for 2nd place. There will be a chance for a crack in the armor in a couple of years but not until then. I loved the four years Oklahoma State won from 2002-2006 but that will be difficult to replicate in the future as the talent in wrestling has spread out to other programs. PSU is right in the center of probably the top talent pool of high school talent in the country which gives Sanderson an advantage over Iowa and Oklahoma where high school wrestling is ghood but not great anymore (if you doubt that, look at the hometowns of the starting lineups for both Oklahoma State and Iowa). Everyone wants to see the top dog taken down. Remember ther crowd frenzy when Metcalf got beat by Caldwell, when McElravy (I misspelled that name badly) going for his 4th NCAA. Believe me, people were vicious and still are about Johnny Hendricks. I have gone to over 25 straight NCAA's and have watched the power drift from Iowa to Oklahoma State, to Minnesota, back to Iowa, back to Oklahoma State, and back to Iowa. Now we have that status residing at PSU. Yes, people will want to tear down the program but words really determine the outcome.

I actually really liked Hendricks when he was wrestling. Was he cocky, yeah, but he could be. Until somebody could beat him then too bad. Perry just so happened to get him in the last match that he wrestled, but doesnt take away the fact that JH was an excellent wrestler. Lincoln Mac though lost his Junior year and not Senior year going for 4. He lost to Marianetti, took an Oly redshirt and then came back to win his 3rd, but I get your point.

I posted this before but somehow it was deleted.

I thought this was hilarious.... Funny as heck.

The picture won't upload - maybe that's what happened.

Of course not, we could tell that by the title of your thread. And, unfortunately, it seems this matter was handled internally without issuing a statement that addresses the reasonable issues you raise. I agree that this needs to be corrected and suggest that you send your resume to PSU, asking to replace Mr. Sanderson. As Mr. Dsauer22's post indicates, it's obvious that the head coaches establish the rules for handling these matters.

Assuming your resume is as eloquent as your posts in addressing the salient issues of the Alton's situation, I'm sure that PSU officials will promptly give it the type of attention it clearly deserves.

Coach Sanderson stated today at the weekly press conference that the Altons are suspended from team competition for 30 days from the date of the altercation.

Now that he finally made a formal statement, the world seems like a safer place. I know BRGuy will sleep better tonight.

Coach Sanderson stated today at the weekly press conference that the Altons are suspended from team competition for 30 days from the date of the altercation.

Now that he finally made a formal statement, the world seems like a safer place. I know BRGuy will sleep better tonight.

These guys are obviously a menace to society and no doubt will be trouble on down the line. It is a slap to the "face of discipline" when their coach only gives them 30 days. What a joke!

What's that you say?........Oh, they don't wrestle for Iowa? Whoops! My bad. I would like to strike my previous statement from the record.....