Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Snyder has scored 69 pts in 3 matches

Snyder is a TD machine until he hits someone with solid defense/athletic ability (see the backflipping Russian Colossus).  I do see Gwiz being a potential blocking element to what Snyder wants to accomplish, and Coon can slow down the match in a big way.  Walz is no slouch as well, but I do see Snyder beating Walz.  He's Top 4 right now at HWT in my book (but yes, I do want to see him win it all).  

I'd be more impressed if he had registered three falls since that is the ultimate goal in wrestling after all.

Wow, he scores over 60 points and only has tech falls and you are not impressed.  REALLY.  Good for you.  Oh, he is also a 19 year old Sr. World champ but he just doesn't IMPRESS  you.

You sound like T-Rump not impressed by POWs who were captured.  

Wow, he scores over 60 points and only has tech falls and you are not impressed.  REALLY.  Good for you.  Oh, he is also a 19 year old Sr. World champ but he just doesn't IMPRESS  you.

It was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

To be fair, there is no senior world championship in folk style wrestling.   In folk he is nothing more than a runner up who got beat 4 times during the campaign, including getting dismantled by undersized McIntosh, and getting decked in the final.  Still an impressive run.  

To be fair, there is no senior world championship in folk style wrestling.   In folk he is nothing more than a runner up who got beat 4 times during the campaign, including getting dismantled by undersized McIntosh, and getting decked in the final.  Still an impressive run.  

Another joke, I assume.  Nicely done.  

IMO, There isn't a HWT in the country who can last at the pace he throws at you. He will prob have a couple top guys hang with him through one, mayyyybe two periods but by the third he will pull away. I don't believe he will be tested much on his way to the NCAA final. I think he has the ability to beat Gwiz by at least 5-6 points but think he goes a bit conservative with something like a 7-4 win in the NCAA final this year.

IMO, There isn't a HWT in the country who can last at the pace he throws at you. He will prob have a couple top guys hang with him through one, mayyyybe two periods but by the third he will pull away. I don't believe he will be tested much on his way to the NCAA final. I think he has the ability to beat Gwiz by at least 5-6 points but think he goes a bit conservative with something like a 7-4 win in the NCAA final this year.

I'm a Mizzou fan, but I love watching Snyder wrestle. He's incredibly skilled and as mentally tough as anyone. But what in the world would make anyone think he is a high-paced wrestler against the top competition? He doesn't win matches against top competition because of a high pace. He wins those matches using great positioning and timely takedowns. I think you are getting a little too excited by him teching some folks that are not near his level. He'll continue to blitz through most opponents (which is fun to see at heavy), but it's ridiculous to think he'll do the same against the top tier. And honestly, the solid position/timely takedown approach is probably the best approach against those few individuals given the weight he'll be giving up. He'll have a couple close matches at Big 10s and NCAAs, and if I had to bet win, place, or show, on Snyder at NCAAs, I'd put my money on show.

Edited by Crotalus

The best heavies are playing football. That is why the best 197s Cox and Snyder can win 285. That is the only reason. Snyder knows he can beat Gwiz already from going with him at the OTC. I know that was freestyle but without that knowledge I bet he didn't come back this year unless he pretty much knew he could easily win the title. Snyder was beating him worse than Tervel-yes I know it was practice but we will see I guess. Ty Walz scares me a bit because of sheer size.