Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Snyder has scored 69 pts in 3 matches

You don't think Snyder and Tervel didn't sit down together and talk about going 285 as primary training partners? Of course they did. They both wrestled Gwiz at the OTC and Tervel did in a match. As far as I know they got the best of him. Snyder would not have come back if he didn't like his chances against the #1 285 guy. Gwiz is a pretty big favorite to win it so Snyder thought if I can beat him then why not-get the college thing done with. I think Cox could win heavyweight as well. Hard to believe he is cutting to 189-all about making that Olympic team I guess.

Edited by PRyan2012

Let me ask a different question: say Snyder felt he has a 90% chance of making the finals vs Gwiz but only a 40% chance of beating Gwiz, does anyone think he would have come back this year? I picked 40% as a number that makes him a small dog, but still with a material chance of winning.

Let me ask a different question: say Snyder felt he has a 90% chance of making the finals vs Gwiz but only a 40% chance of beating Gwiz, does anyone think he would have come back this year? I picked 40% as a number that makes him a small dog, but still with a material chance of winning.

Honestly, I doubt he thinks that way. I think in his mind he is going to win. 100% conviction. Gwiz probably feels the same way. It is a champions mentality to think that way. 

I doubt the thought of not winning has even entered either of their minds. 

He's wrestled Gwiz himself many times at OTC. I am guessing he is well versed on where he stands vs. Gwiz. Don't get me wrong, I actually DO give Gwiz a chance against Snyder. I would still rate Snyder a favorite.

I would rate Snyder a big favorite against everyone else. 

Which is how I know Coon is a interesting match up.........

Practice matches against Herbert is what made Cael give it a shot in 2011. Herbert came to the wrestling room and challenged Cael because he always wanted to wrestle him in 2010 and was defending silver medalist. Cael won like 10 of 10  2 min goes.  We know what happened the next year. This may not play out here and Snyder may not even make the finals with a huge Walz in the semis!

Practice matches against Herbert is what made Cael give it a shot in 2011. Herbert came to the wrestling room and challenged Cael because he always wanted to wrestle him in 2010 and was defending silver medalist. Cael won like 10 of 10  2 min goes.  We know what happened the next year. This may not play out here and Snyder may not even make the finals with a huge Walz in the semis!

Did the NCAA release the semifinal pairings already?  I missed it.  Can I get a link?  I'm interested to see who made it.

Tough to predict folkstyle results from freestyle matches.

An example - Stanford's Nathan Butler teched Ty Walz 11-0 and also beat Walz 13-4 last year at University Nationals in freestyle.  Who are you picking if they meet in NCAAs?  It's obviously Butler, right?

And it gets even harder when you're talking freestyle practice matches.

Gwiz is starting to rival Dake for worst hypothetical record.

Who has anyone predicted Gwiz to lose to since he won his first NCAA championship? I honestly can't think of anyone that was predicted to beat him until Snyder jumped up to Hwt. Maybe I missed that thread. 

Who has anyone predicted Gwiz to lose to since he won his first NCAA championship? I honestly can't think of anyone that was predicted to beat him until Snyder jumped up to Hwt. Maybe I missed that thread.

Right, since Snyder announced he was going to wrestle this season