BigTimeFan

Dear Flo, you are great but the new rankings hub sucks

Dear Flo,

I am a FloPro subscriber and a big fan. I don't have that many complaints but ever since you updated your website the rankings hub is an unmitigated disaster. 

When you click on the rankings page, there is no menu that lets you choose High School, College or International. There's no indication of what the latest rankings are (on what date they came out). Right now to get to High School rankings I have to click the Jan 6 High School Rankings link and then navigate to the menu and look for the latest date which is Jan 27, 2016 for individual weights and Feb 15, 2016 for P4P. Is a fix in the works or am I the only one who thinks this is far from the best you can do?

Yours,

BTF

FLO has fixed the drop down boxes, but still lumps all the comments together rather than being separate for each weight.

I take back everything I just said.  I only check the college rankings so I wasn't aware of how screwed up the high school rankings are.

Edited by jammen

I already posted a topic on this early this year. I love there ranking explanations. I wish more websites would explain why things are changing. However, if you are not technologically inclined you would not be able to find the ranking.

One little suggestion: Maybe make the rankings the main topic on the home page each Tuesday, instead of trying to push FloPro    content all the time...

I really love Flo and the fact that they are a wrestling only subscription. Got burned too many times with the all access, btn+ etc type sites that think you should pay for sports of no interest. However Flo really needs to get some UX help, the site, app etc while has a lot of great stuff is just difficult to navigate & unlike most any others from a UX standpoint. Also need some work on login. Seems I'm always getting logged out of pro thus sometimes missing content or having to log back in during live action.

That said, it's well worth the $s, keep up the good work!

i'm not sure what's wrong now. there is a 'Rankings' link on the top menu bar of the homepage.

pretty easy to navigate from there...click on the level (college/international/hs)

and it brings you to the latest edition. (for a long while there it wasn't, for which i bitched and moaned. but that has been fixed.)

then simply use the drop down to select your weight.

not sure what the confusion is.

FT - regarding your computer - I know. me too. my computer acted crazy every time i clicked on them. but that was on google chrome. i've switched over to safari and it works fine. 

I credit them for changing up the look but there are certainly kinks they need to work out. My browser also often stops or slows considerably when going to the site (Safari), which isn't ideal. I'm sure eventually it will be worked out, but I did like the old rankings format better. With this you can see week to week changes, which is nice, but the other problems probably outweigh this for some at the moment  

The new design seems to be slowly coming along.  Certainly far from a successful deployment but it has steadily improved. It's more visually pleasing than the old site, and much nicer on mobile, but it's difficult to find content not on the front page.  It seems that they are heading in the right direction though.

For what it's worth the site works fine on my mac in chrome and the rankings page seems to be completely in order.  

Edited by pickled

i'm not sure what's wrong now. there is a 'Rankings' link on the top menu bar of the homepage.

pretty easy to navigate from there...click on the level (college/international/hs)

and it brings you to the latest edition. (for a long while there it wasn't, for which i bitched and moaned. but that has been fixed.)

then simply use the drop down to select your weight.

not sure what the confusion is.

FT - regarding your computer - I know. me too. my computer acted crazy every time i clicked on them. but that was on google chrome. i've switched over to safari and it works fine. 

No confusion in that sense. It's just clunky. Yeah you can get to what you want but compared to the way it was it's many more clicks. 

Is it just me or does the search bar not work for anyone else? I have tried multiple times to search by a specific wrestlers name (Used to work on the old set-up) and it just brings me back to the home page everytime.

Is it just me or does the search bar not work for anyone else? I have tried multiple times to search by a specific wrestlers name (Used to work on the old set-up) and it just brings me back to the home page everytime.

It works for me but the results it gives back are very difficult to sort.  If you want a specific wrestler you are better off going to the videos tab and putting the wrestlers name into the field that says "event".  You can then apply filters to narrow down the results.  It's still not perfect though.  For example if I search "Alex Dieringer" and apply filters for "matches" and "college" and have it sort by most recent videos the newest video to show up is the 1/3/16 match against Logan Massa. 

Willie, any chance you guys will revamp your technique wave and make it easier to naviagate? Was trying to find some stuff to show and it took way too long. Different spellings of moves made searching near impossible and having to alphabetically click through like pages of 25 techniques at a time makes it incredibly cumbersome.

Willie, any chance you guys will revamp your technique wave and make it easier to naviagate? Was trying to find some stuff to show and it took way too long. Different spellings of moves made searching near impossible and having to alphabetically click through like pages of 25 techniques at a time makes it incredibly cumbersome.

Came in here to ask the same thing.  The content of technique wave has always been absolutely incredible, and I never thought the navigation could get any worse than it already was, but it's not even a value add to my Flo subscription now.  Isolating the techniques in a series seems like a mistake because you lose the context completely.  Follow the Netflix model of Show->Season->Episode but plug in Technician->Series->Move instead. 

Actually I think technique wave has gotten easier to navigate since the cut over.  Go to videos, then training videos.  From their the first drop down lists all the technicians.  If you click a name it brings up each of their videos below, or you can start to apply the search filters to refine the type of techniques you see.  You can also leave the technician field blank and choose, for example, "top" "folkstyle" and "turns" to see all of that.  The old site did allow you to choose specific moves to look for, but I dont think it let you break them down by position as clearly as this does.

Like I said above, the site is far from perfect.  However since launch I've been noticing some tweaking and refining that makes me think it's going in the right direction.

Actually I think technique wave has gotten easier to navigate since the cut over.  Go to videos, then training videos.  From their the first drop down lists all the technicians.  If you click a name it brings up each of their videos below, or you can start to apply the search filters to refine the type of techniques you see.  You can also leave the technician field blank and choose, for example, "top" "folkstyle" and "turns" to see all of that.  The old site did allow you to choose specific moves to look for, but I dont think it let you break them down by position as clearly as this does.

Like I said above, the site is far from perfect.  However since launch I've been noticing some tweaking and refining that makes me think it's going in the right direction.

I'll be honest. Haven't even looked at it since the changeover because it had been so hard to navigate that I wouldn't even look there anymore but will tonight. I'm skeptical but hopeful. 

At best, it's the same difficulty with more clutter.  It's still hard to follow a sequence of demonstrations of linked moves because they aren't in any discernible order (i.e. a series), and it still sometimes plays a completely unrelated video at the end.

That is my biggest issue.  When it jumps to a video in a different coverage I get so frustrated I usually just leave the site.

It would be nice, especially for technique, if you could load videos into a playlist of sorts like youtube.  I'd also like a function to control the speed of videos to watch things in slow motion.