Sign in to follow this  
judaspriest

getting NCAA tickets on ebay vs. at the door

I am seeing someone selling a single set of tickets on Ebay now and I am tempted to grab them. The location and price (so far) seem good but it is still a fair amount of dough.

Do people think a better strategy would be to wait and just buy these at the door? It's a bit risky (what if the 100s and 200s are sold out) but might be a money-saver perhaps? Is this likely at the MSG?

I am a bit torn here...

Thanks,

JP

Id say the price they are listing the ticket at indicates the seller feels you can find some on the street.

I think the price is reasonable and you do not have to carry the cash around as well as wonder if the day of the tournament.

the ebay seller is (490) 100% and at $315 for section 208 - that is much lower stubhub and seatgeek for comparable seats

maybe someone with scalping experience minutes before event start can chime in...

http://www.stubhub.com/ncaa-wrestling-championship-tickets-2016-ncaa-wrestling-championships-3-17-2016/event/9274553/

https://seatgeek.com/2016-ncaa-wrestling-championships-all-session-march-17-19-tickets/wrestling/2016-03-17-3-30-am/2555599?utm_source=steelhouse&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=genrtdynamics

It's been my experience that, as the sessions roll along more wrestlers are eliminated, more tickets become available for subsequent sessions and you can typically get them for face value or less (may be slightly more pricey considering it's NYC).  You *may* want to have tickets in hand for Thursday.  But Friday and Saturday should be a scalping free-for-all.   

I've gotten on planes before for the nationals without any tickets in hand at all.  Never missed a session and never had a bad seat.  But I'm also rich, so...

Thanks guys - good to know!

Pennsyrules, if you don't mind me asking, what school did you get yours through? I tried to get mine through Hofstra (host school this year) and they told me they get none for the school and I should just go to ticketmaster instead...

There are always tickets being sold outside the venue. Prices fall right before first whistle of the session. They are selling a perishable commodity that is useless after the session. Look to buy from a fan not a scalper. The fans are selling extras. They will take something instead of nothing and they want to get inside to see the show. Your likely to be not so lucky dealing with the ticket broker.

I would guess Edinboro gets good seats, based on placement. They probably don't have that many people traveling in comparison to the other big programs.

I thought the same thing lu_alum.  They told me their allotment was cut 40% this year.  This is after a 3rd place finish.