Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

Odd choice of theme music

I've always liked and appreciated how the University of Iowa has theme music for each wrestler as he comes out onto the mat. I think it adds to part of the reason why wrestling matches at Iowa are so much fun.

I find it a bit odd that Bobby Telford would choose "Seminole Wind" by John Anderson as his theme music though. It just seems sort of out of place. I like "Seminole Wind". Matter of fact I like a lot of John Anderson's songs, but I just don't feel that it's the type of music that would get me pumped up to wrestle a match.

I don't know how I didn't notice in all these years, but, I didn't realize that the wrestlers came out to their own theme song. I think that is a great idea and would love to see PSU incorporate the same thing.

I don't know how I didn't notice in all these years, but, I didn't realize that the wrestlers came out to their own theme song. I think that is a great idea and would love to see PSU incorporate the same thing.

They do, or, at least, they can. I know Q comes out to his choice of song- I'm not sure if they all do or not. I think they only have a short section of the song.

They do, or, at least, they can. I know Q comes out to his choice of song- I'm not sure if they all do or not. I think they only have a short section of the song.

I guess I need to start paying better attention. I'm a season ticket holder, and I've never noticed. I'll start listening for it. PSU has definitely done lots of cool things to increase the atmosphere at Rec Hall. The video scoreboards, the intro. videos, etc. Anything they can do to continue to add to the show is welcome in my opinion. I like how Iowa has the long video board in front of the media / scorer's table with the wrestlers faces, records, etc. Plays very well on t.v.

At VT we were given a sheet from the SID and asked to put three songs we would like to come out to. First match of my freshman year I came out to this:

After Keith heard it, he said no way and went with the second choice Painted Black, which was the same as our 149 lber.

At VT we were given a sheet from the SID and asked to put three songs we would like to come out to. First match of my freshman year I came out to this:

After Keith heard it, he said no way and went with the second choice Painted Black, which was the same as our 149 lber.

Wow! I haven't heard that one since it was on Beavis and Butthead!

Didn't Mike Evans come out to "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones when he first started wrestling yet had to change it because either Tom or Terry didn't particularly care for the song?

Didn't Mike Evans come out to "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones when he first started wrestling yet had to change it because either Tom or Terry didn't particularly care for the song?

I think (if I remember correctly) that's what the calendar said.

I still think Matt Fields coming in to Cash's Gods Gonna Cut You Down was the best. That song is such a great one for a wrestling match. Would have been more fitting for Metcalfs wrestling, but he was built like a shat brick house though. Did anyone catch Evans new one? Chilli Pepper's Get On Top. A good one for him.