Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Big10 Hwt. Seeding

What do you think happens on this forum if:

1.) Snyder puts up 20pts on Coon

OR

2.) Coon beats Snyder

I think this discussion is best served for who's going to be Top 2 afterall, since the rest of them can continue watching from below.

Nevills hasn't exactly done anything this year to make me think he's any better right now than the Nebraska kid or someone of similar caliber.  

Nevills will need to beat a guy like Jensen to make NCAA's. I believe Nick is one of the most talented Hwt.'s out there, but he has been out a very long time so that is the concern.

treep, I'll be surprised if Snyder does not beat Coon. Walz beats Coon, and Snyder is more talented than Walz imo. 

Just to clarify

What I mean by Nevils snagging one of the automatics wasn't that he would earn one for the conference, although somewhat possible.  What I meant was he has a good chance to place in one of the qualifying spots earned by conference members at the tournament.  With him and Snyder both probable (Snyder for certain) guys to finish in an automatic spot at the conference tournament, it will likely chew up 2 at large bids going to wrestlers who earned automatic slots, but do not place in the conference slots earned.  

Nationally, 285 is probably to weight class where it is most critical for someone to qualify for NCAA out of their conference tourney.  I wouldn't want to be the guy(s) waiting to see to whom the committee decides to extend at-large bids.