Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Tomasello - 4 timer?

Stieber is the best American wrestler I've ever seen at finishing shots from a position where arms are extended. He must have off the charts grip and neck strength. There is definitely a lot of technique involved (I bought the Stieber TD DVDs literally the day they came out), but what he does from an extended position is not replicable by many.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Stieber is the best American wrestler I've ever seen at finishing shots from a position where arms are extended. He must have off the charts grip and neck strength. There is definitely a lot of technique involved (I bought the Stieber TD DVDs literally the day they came out), but what he does from an extended position is not replicable by many.

I didn't know that Stieber had his own technique DVD. Is this a recent release?

and for many a recipe for shoulder problems. 

Edited by KTG119

One of my best friends from childhood has a son just beginning high school wrestling. He knows and has met Logan several times. For as little as $500, my buddy would pay Logan to drive down to his location and spend the day with a group of 6-10 kids. You can just imagine this experience for these youngsters.

2 things regarding this... First, Logan Stieber by all accounts is as good as person as he is a wrestler. Off the charts personality and way with kids. Second, and I apologize in advance if this sounds or is offensive to anyone, but my friend constantly refers to Logan Stieber having retard strength. Truly elite strength in his core, wrists, forearms and get this.... His fingers!! He always refers to Logan's SMH finger strength where he literally busts out pull ups on a bar and will ask what 'finger' singular people want him to use. Lastly he says Logan has meat cleaver hands, very heavy strong hands. Makes you feel like he could bam bam you when he shakes your hand like in the Flintstones

Great read and all fair points.

With that being said, nothing has changed my opinion on 125.  I STILL have Nate at #8 on my list of "Most Likely to Win Title".  

And I don't consider it disrespect.  Just the odds from a bracket depth / quality of opponents perspective.    

Great read and all fair points.

With that being said, nothing has changed my opinion on 125.  I STILL have Nate at #8 on my list of "Most Likely to Win Title".  

And I don't consider it disrespect.  Just the odds from a bracket depth / quality of opponents perspective.    

Who do you have behind him? 

One of my best friends from childhood has a son just beginning high school wrestling. He knows and has met Logan several times. For as little as $500, my buddy would pay Logan to drive down to his location and spend the day with a group of 6-10 kids. You can just imagine this experience for these youngsters.

2 things regarding this... First, Logan Stieber by all accounts is as good as person as he is a wrestler. Off the charts personality and way with kids. Second, and I apologize in advance if this sounds or is offensive to anyone, but my friend constantly refers to Logan Stieber having retard strength. Truly elite strength in his core, wrists, forearms and get this.... His fingers!! He always refers to Logan's SMH finger strength where he literally busts out pull ups on a bar and will ask what 'finger' singular people want him to use. Lastly he says Logan has meat cleaver hands, very heavy strong hands. Makes you feel like he could bam bam you when he shakes your hand like in the Flintstones

The wrist/forearm strength rings true in how often (and successfully) Logan would run a bar/wing on his opponents. That takes incredible strength just to get that arm let alone hold it there while running a half or using it in tilts. You would think with the amount of success Logan had with the bar that more top wrestlers would be using it...well the reason is because of the amount of brute strength it requires to get and hold it. Zain is one of the few who has been able to successfully use that bar tilt Logan perfected. Amazing.

On topic--From a Bucks fans' perspective, we are most worried about Gilman. Dance and Mega most definitely have the ability to take a match from Nate but I'm pretty confident Nate can and will beat these guys in March. IMO Gilman and Nate are the top guys at the weight and should be facing off for the title in March. The road to 4timer status gets a tad bit easier once Dance and Mega are gone that's for sure.

Tomasello is too strong for Mega, but if Gilman gets the 4 seed at NCAAs I really like his chances against Tomasello. I think Gilman has a tougher time with the unconventional style of Mega, but gets by Tomasello. 

Gilman is going to be the 4 unless Dance loses at ACCs, I would think.

I was just racking my brain on this and I have to agree. Gilman hasn't wrestled Tomasello or Dance and has an L to Mega. Dance has an L to Tomasello and a W over Nico so IMO, I think it has to go Tomasello, Dance, Mega, Gilman in that order. I've just become a big Gilman fan as I think Nico has a much better shot at winning by going through Dance and then Gilman. 

Nico controlled most of the match against dance but gave up a late takedown and lost. The top 4 guys are too close to call. It's a guess on anyone's part how this plays out in the end.

It's pretty easy to pick the number one.  He hasn't lost this year, has recent wins over the other 3 guys, and is defending NCAA champion.  So he is easy no. 1, even with some wins being close.  He is no lock to win the tournament, but he is hands-down the easy pick at number 1.  

The good thing about Nico's matches against the top competition is that you can fast forward the DVR to the OT period.  It will always be 1-1 at the end of regulation.

You can say that about all 4 guys really, I think Nico is getting too much flack for that when all these guys step off the gas when facing each other.  In fact Nico has one of the rare non-OT TDs between the top4 when he took down Dance. 

You can say that about all 4 guys really, I think Nico is getting too much flack for that when all these guys step off the gas when facing each other. In fact Nico has one of the rare non-OT TDs between the top4 when he took down Dance.

I don't think you can really call what Gilman did against Nico stepping if the gas. He took a bunch of shots.