Sign in to follow this  
sbarrett5432

place to find wrestlers records

Intermat is also pretty reliable.  Go to individual rankings and you can click on the name.  It get's harder after the top 20 though.  Wrestlestats definitely goes deeper per weight class.

Edited to add:  For the sake of accuracy you may honestly want to go to both for individual results and then check the wrestler's team site to varify record.  How Schools are supposed to report results makes finding 100% accurate records a tad difficult!

Edited by MSU158

Intermat is also pretty reliable.  Go to individual rankings and you can click on the name.  It get's harder after the top 20 though.  Wrestlestats definitely goes deeper per weight class.

Edited to add:  For the sake of accuracy you may honestly want to go to both for individual results and then check the wrestler's team site to varify record.  How Schools are supposed to report results makes finding 100% accurate records a tad difficult!

How are "Schools supposed to report" ?

How are "Schools supposed to report" ?

Honestly, I don't know.  They used to have to report them directly to the NWCA Scorebook.  That made for an easy "one stop shop".

I am not aware of an "Official Database" that is accessible to the fan.  Maybe SHP or JB can give a better answer.

Honestly, I don't know.  They used to have to report them directly to the NWCA Scorebook.  That made for an easy "one stop shop".

I am not aware of an "Official Database" that is accessible to the fan.  Maybe SHP or JB can give a better answer.

All College and participating HS coaches have official log ins where they submit match results and schedules.

Events that are run through Track already have the results automatically so coaches just confirm them.

It is pretty time consuming by the way which, in this day and age, when we need more quality coaches, makes it a bit tougher to recruit new talent.

You will have a hard time finding a better compilation of all season results than http://www.wrestlestats.com.  You can search a wrestler then look at his results from each of his competition seasons, although wrestle stat only dates back to 2013/2014 season when it was created.  Includes competition results during Redshirt years for wrestlers. My go to site if I'm trying to see who has wrestled who and beaten who by what margin.

You will have a hard time finding a better compilation of all season results than http://www.wrestlestats.com.  You can search a wrestler then look at his results from each of his competition seasons, although wrestle stat only dates back to 2013/2014 season when it was created.  Includes competition results during Redshirt years for wrestlers. My go to site if I'm trying to see who has wrestled who and beaten who by what margin.

It is a useful site, but I've found that sometimes records are incomplete, e.g., for Cornell it is missing some results for Palacio, and also there seem to be separate records for "Duke Pickett" and for "George Pickett".  I do really like the "compare wrestlers" feature, though, and I don't think there is anything else like it.

Edited by redblades

I just went here, looked for Nolf, as everyone knows his last match against Ryan Blees he won by fall, on wrestlestats is by TF, kind of hard to follow it when you see an obvious mistake like this.

While the sight isn't perfect (which one is?), it is very good and impressive for being run by a single guy in his spare time on his own.   I assume the results are not being fed into his site, so every result entered to it was probably done manually by the site owner.  Mistakes are bound to happen.  

Track has numerous inaccuracies, also.  They enter what is reported to them and only the reporters (schools, tournament directors) are then able to correct any mistakes.   When the Kaufman-Brand erroneously entered that Kettler had beaten Berhow it was picked up and reported by every wrestling site and took the entire season to correct.

I just went here, looked for Nolf, as everyone knows his last match against Ryan Blees he won by fall, on wrestlestats is by TF, kind of hard to follow it when you see an obvious mistake like this.

I probably entered it as it was reported (incorrectly). If it's truly wrong, I will get it updated. Can you post a link to where it shows the result correctly?

While the sight isn't perfect (which one is?), it is very good and impressive for being run by a single guy in his spare time on his own.   I assume the results are not being fed into his site, so every result entered to it was probably done manually by the site owner.  Mistakes are bound to happen.  

Thank you sir. It is extremely time-consuming.

I probably entered it as it was reported (incorrectly). If it's truly wrong, I will get it updated. Can you post a link to where it shows the result correctly?

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2016-02-21/penn-state-pins-oklahoma-state-three-times-bowl-dual-series-win

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/02/penn_state_claims_dual_champio.html

http://btn.com/2016/02/21/no-1-penn-state-claims-2016-nwca-dual-meet-championship/

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16004

Edited by Axe_Spartan