Sign in to follow this  
wrestfan

Iran Olympic Trials

I dont think its fair at all. Hadi was the better wrestler all Ollympic cycle. Its obvious that they wanted Ghasemi badly. Same they did last Ollympics. Hadi should move and wrestle for some other country.

I'm really sorry for Khadm in this case. Hadi is apparently better one last 5 years, but He sent Komeil 4 times.

Ghasemi has medalled 2x at the big dance, Hadi has not.

They are going with the right guy.  If Hadi is so much better, he should not let Ghasemi beat him 2 out of 3. 

Edited by Hubbard

They are going with the right guy.  If Hadi is so much better, he should not let Ghasemi beat him 2 out of 3. 

They changed their plan many times, at last they said the better one in Armenia will go. but when komeil lost badly and Hadi got first, tney change their word again and said they must hold direct match within 2-3 weeks. But suddenly announced the match would be only 5 days later than Armenia. Hadi has denied, because this time changing was very suspicious, but they forced him to participate. Hadi lost to Ghasemi very closely without getting fully ready for these matches.

It was all Khadem's PLAN.

Edited by goldlover

Also, do you know about Hadi's international performance in 5 past years? His only lost was last year with unfortunate ankle injury to Makhov.

indeed, Hadi sucks against better wrestlers, he had his chance last year but could not beat the dead body of Makhov. he is a nice guy, I like him and he is big and strong but he has no brain, Komeil beat him with the same scenario twice and he stepped in the same trap twice

I feel sorry for Hadi, I really do, he is good but this is his maximum level, at least Komeil gets surprising results sometimes even though I think none of them can medal in Rio but at least Komeil has a slim chance. he was a nobody back in London and still won a bronze and lost only by double clinch to Taymazov, why not this time.

Iran squads per official announcement from the wrestling federation, no surprise at all

Freestyle

Hassan Rahimi

Meisam Nassiri

Hassan Yazdani

Alireza Karimi

Reza Yazdani is #1 candidate , they monitor his health situation, if he can't make it, then Amir Mohammadi

Komeil Ghasemi

Greco-Roman

Hamid Sourian

Omid Norouzi

Saeid Abdevali

Habibollah Akhlaghi

Ghasem Rezaei

Bashir Babajanzadeh

So Iran lost chance of gold medal at 65 and 125 by Mohammadi and Hadi to nothing by Nasiri and Ghasemi.
the ohter best chance for gold is R Yazdani at 97.
Karimi 86 and H Yazdani 74 are our best by now, but will have difficult work against Sadulaev and Burroughs.
I hope Rahimi got a good drew but really i don't expect him to take gold at all.

Edited by goldlover

So Iran lost chance of gold medal at 65 and 125 by Mohammadi and Hadi to nothing by Nasiri and Ghasemi.

the ohter best chance for gold is R Yazdani at 97.

Karimi 86 and H Yazdani 74 are our best by now, but will have difficult work against Sadulaev and Burroughs.

I hope Rahimi got a good drew but really i don't expect him to take gold at all.

I really don't know what you see in Hadi, he is a very good wrestler, no doubt about that, but he would not have a lot of a chance of getting gold, Rahimi on the other hand has a very good shot at it.

Hadi was not a threat for gold.  He can barely beat Jake Varner.  If he's so good, he should not be losing 2 of 3 to Ghasemi who is a proven medal threat.

You are not aware of detail of these trial' i think. Hadi is 136 kg Ghasemi is 123, so Hadi had to cut weight 3 times in 21 days for World Cup, Armenia and trial. he won first match easily 7-3 , lo st 2 others 2-2 & 1-2.

Ghasemi was good til 2014 but became disaster last 2 years, he will losing to Akgul, Makhov, Geno, j Magomedov by mor tham 90% and to SAIDAU, Berianidze, Lazarev and Ukrainian more than 70%.

I really don't know what you see in Hadi, he is a very good wrestler, no doubt about that, but he would not have a lot of a chance of getting gold, Rahimi on the other hand has a very good shot at it.

Hadi if be in good shape, hardly lose to anyone. take a glance at his international performance in last 4 years. also he is #3 in last Ranking.

Rahimi is good but not for gold. He don't have real threat in Iran last 7 years (or coaches love him sending every year) but i think his results are not convincing and his match even in 2013 were very close. this year bests of 61 kg also will in 57 in Olympic (such as Aliyev and bonne). so he will have tough work and i hope to drew help him.

Hadi was not a threat for gold.  He can barely beat Jake Varner.  If he's so good, he should not be losing 2 of 3 to Ghasemi who is a proven medal threat.

I'm quite sure even Hadi himself doesn't expect such a thing lol. this is stupid to even talk about it. Ghasemi's chance will be slim as well but with Hadi it was a sure failure.

IMO, Rahimi is fantastic and is a definite medal threat.

I like Klinchegashvilli to win it, but man oh man, after reading Immel's breakdown of 57kg, this in going to be a super tough bracket where even the big guns might get picked off. 

Final trial Juniors 84 kg(winers first):
Mohebi 5-1 Ghasempour
Moujerlo 7-7 Goleij
Moujerloo 7-4 Mohebi
Ghsempour 6-5 Goleij
Ghsempour 4-2 moujerloo
Mohebi 5-1 Goleij

Finalsts : Moujerloo & Mohebi

Final (2 of 3):
Mohebi 4-3 Moujerloo
Mohebi 5-4 Moujerloo