Sign in to follow this  
wrestfan

Iran Olympic Trials

Apparently Goleij is injured that's why we didn't see him recently, 

I like the fact they made the list quite short for the trials, the only wrestler I probably miss is Yarahmadi, (and Goleij of course)

there are so many things about why they didn't include Sarmasti, A. Ghasemi, Tahan, Ebrahimi and etc but to me none of them deserve another chance. Ebrahimi could not even finish on podium in Takhti Cup and he lost in Ukraine, I wonder why he is even protesting ! Sarmasti won the Takhti Cup but finishing 5th in Asian Championship is terrible, Atri won two international tournaments recently and deserved a chance. 

Ghasemi and Tahan believe they deserve a chance since they won the quota in Las Vegas but seriously these two guys should not be anywhere near the world/olympics team. 

btw it seems Iran will participate with the best possible team in Los Angeles World Cup once again , most of these guys at the trials will be there since they cna send 2 in each weight.

Edited by wrestfan

Haha, do you not like Rahimi or something? He is one of our best hopes for gold. This was the first time he's lost to Khinchegashvili I believe and look at their draws. Rahimi had every difficult opponent in his path and Khinchegashvili had no one on his bracket just like in 2014 where he had an easy bracket and lost to Yang in the finals. He basically walked into the finals fresh. He's a good wrestler but he's getting some serious luck in these brackets two years in a row. 

I don't see how Rahimi has a no shot at gold but Hadi does. I mean, he gave up 6 points to the south Korean HW and asian championships and only won the finals 3-1 over the Mongolian opponent. Yazdani also. He has a lot more problems that just Burroughs. I would be shocked if he could beat Geduev. In my opinion Rahimi has a much better chance than both of them. Infact I think 74 and 125 are our worst weights. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Khinegashvilli had the easier side of the bracket at the last Olympics too. He's one of my favorites but I can't deny he's had done luck.

Should be one hell of a tournament in Rio. Khinegashvilli, Rahimi, Bonne, whoever Russia and PRK send are all gold medal hopes. Not sure who Azerbayjan and Georgia will have here but they're usually tough at this weight too.

Azerbaijan is sending their guy who won junior worlds since they don't have much here. He's a good young wrestler but will probably not medal. Not a good weight for them and I don't think Aliyev will even try to cut down, he seems to be going 65 where he hasn't done well so far. 

And yep, Bonne, Rahimi, Lebedev, Hak-Jin and Kumar were all on the same side of the bracket with Khichegashvili alone on his side. 

Khinchegashvili is a great wrestler, he deserved to be the champion, 2014 worlds he lost to the PRK wrestler in the last 20 seconds and got a silver in 2012 Olympics, lucky? Maybe a little, but his skills got him there those 3 times (besides being an european and 2x junior world champ).

He is great definitely, I just disagree with the point about Rahimi not having a shot at gold. I think him and Rahimi are the top two guys here with Rahimi having a winning record against Khinchegashvili going back to junior worlds. Also Bonne, he may be up there with them as the best in this weight but I need to see him more against top wrestlers and not just beating Americans. Since Lebedev just ran away from him for 6 minutes and ended up winning anyway we unfortunately did not get a chance to see what he could do against guys like Rahimi or Khinchegashvili in Vegas. 

Edited by Shiraz123

in my mind rahimi is the gold favorite as of now. Khinchegashvili has had a few loses this year, I think bonne is a wild card as he has been wrestling up at 65 all year. Jong lost recently. I think Lebedev could win as well if he wrestles well, but he needs to be a little more offense, seems stuck in the old rules. 

in my mind rahimi is the gold favorite as of now. Khinchegashvili has had a few loses this year, I think bonne is a wild card as he has been wrestling up at 65 all year. Jong lost recently. I think Lebedev could win as well if he wrestles well, but he needs to be a little more offense, seems stuck in the old rules. 

About Khinchegashvili's losses this year, weren't they in the 65 kg category?

Haha, do you not like Rahimi or something? He is one of our best hopes for gold. This was the first time he's lost to Khinchegashvili I believe and look at their draws. Rahimi had every difficult opponent in his path and Khinchegashvili had no one on his bracket just like in 2014 where he had an easy bracket and lost to Yang in the finals. He basically walked into the finals fresh. He's a good wrestler but he's getting some serious luck in these brackets two years in a row. 

I don't see how Rahimi has a no shot at gold but Hadi does. I mean, he gave up 6 points to the south Korean HW and asian championships and only won the finals 3-1 over the Mongolian opponent. Yazdani also. He has a lot more problems that just Burroughs. I would be shocked if he could beat Geduev. In my opinion Rahimi has a much better chance than both of them. Infact I think 74 and 125 are our worst weights.

I really like Rahimi but 57 will be very hard. beside KHINCHEGASHVILI (GEO), Yong or Hak-Jin (PRK),LACHINOV(BLR) and Inadian, must be aware that BOGOMOEV (RUS), BONNE RODRIGUEZ (CUB), ALIEV (AZE),BATBOLD(MGL)and SHUPTAR (UKR), all best from 61 are going to 57 for Olympic. Rahimi never been dominant aginst his rivals and is hard to me to see him in the final.

Yang is retired as far as I know. He is 1-1 with Rahimi regardless. Hak-Jin has wrestled Rahimi twice that I know about and Rahimi has beat him both times. Bogomoev can't make 57, he already skipped European championships because he said he doesn't want to make it without the +2kg allowance he had at Yargin. He is overrated anyway and always messes up at world championships. He lost to Esmailpour every time as well. If he does somehow make the cut to 57 I am sure he will not look good, the cut is just too much. Rahimi has beaten the other Russian Lebedev dominantly in both 2014 and 2015 worlds. Aliyev is 100% at 65kg now and i'm pretty sure Batbold is also at 65. Lachinov is nowhere near as good as Rahimi. Shuptar has had one tournament at 57 where he won but it was against just other Ukrainians and he had a weight allowance, have to see him against stronger competition. 

Rahimi is not dominant but neither is anyone else at 57. He's medaled three years in a row which is impressive in a weight class like this. I'd definitely put him up there with Yazdani and Mohammadi as the 3 main gold medal hopes. Although Iran has bad luck at the Olympics. 

Yang is retired as far as I know. He is 1-1 with Rahimi regardless. Hak-Jin has wrestled Rahimi twice that I know about and Rahimi has beat him both times. Bogomoev can't make 57, he already skipped European championships because he said he doesn't want to make it without the +2kg allowance he had at Yargin. He is overrated anyway and always messes up at world championships. He lost to Esmailpour every time as well. If he does somehow make the cut to 57 I am sure he will not look good, the cut is just too much. Rahimi has beaten the other Russian Lebedev dominantly in both 2014 and 2015 worlds. Aliyev is 100% at 65kg now and i'm pretty sure Batbold is also at 65. Lachinov is nowhere near as good as Rahimi. Shuptar has had one tournament at 57 where he won but it was against just other Ukrainians and he had a weight allowance, have to see him against stronger competition. 

Rahimi is not dominant but neither is anyone else at 57. He's medaled three years in a row which is impressive in a weight class like this. I'd definitely put him up there with Yazdani and Mohammadi as the 3 main gold medal hopes. Although Iran has bad luck at the Olympics. 

Iran is having bad lucky in Worlds/Olympics in general, since 2012, Iran got 2 gold medals (2013) while Russia got 10 gold medas, USA got 5 and Azerbaijan 4.

About Khinchegashvili's losses this year, weren't they in the 65 kg category?

He lost to Goygeerev at 61, very close bout. Who else beat him?

Seems like every year he and Lebedev both bump up and take some losses. No big deal. I wish more wrestlers would compete up a weight, good way to improve skills sbd get mat time without having to cut. Bonne does the same, up at 65.

He lost to Goygeerev at 61, very close bout. Who else beat him?

Seems like every year he and Lebedev both bump up and take some losses. No big deal. I wish more wrestlers would compete up a weight, good way to improve skills sbd get mat time without having to cut. Bonne does the same, up at 65.

I meant 61 when I said 65. My point in quoting that post is that Khinchegashvili's losses doesn't take aways his favoritism alongside Rahimi and maybe Bonne in the 57 kg.

Apparently Goleij is injured that's why we didn't see him recently, 

I like the fact they made the list quite short for the trials, the only wrestler I probably miss is Yarahmadi, (and Goleij of course)

there are so many things about why they didn't include Sarmasti, A. Ghasemi, Tahan, Ebrahimi and etc but to me none of them deserve another chance. Ebrahimi could not even finish on podium in Takhti Cup and he lost in Ukraine, I wonder why he is even protesting ! Sarmasti won the Takhti Cup but finishing 5th in Asian Championship is terrible, Atri won two international tournaments recently and deserved a chance. 

Ghasemi and Tahan believe they deserve a chance since they won the quota in Las Vegas but seriously these two guys should not be anywhere near the world/olympics team. 

btw it seems Iran will participate with the best possible team in Los Angeles World Cup once again , most of these guys at the trials will be there since they cna send 2 in each weight.

How old is Goleij, still a junior or no? I read he was 19 on a comment section but not sure if it's true. 

How old is Goleij, still a junior or no? I read he was 19 on a comment section but not sure if it's true.

I don't know his age, but they has invited him to new Junior champ before final trial for 2016 Junior World Championship. But I think Ali Moujerloo at 86 is so impressive and has more chance to make the team.

I don't know his age, but they has invited him to new Junior champ before final trial for 2016 Junior World Championship. But I think Ali Moujerloo at 86 is so impressive and has more chance to make the team.

Thanks. So Goleij is going juniors again. I don't know Mojerloo but happy to know Goleij is still eligible for juniors.  Interested to see him against this Moujerloo. Goleij and Karimi should be a great rivalry for many years for the 86 spot as they are both young, plus the other 86 guys who will also be involved like Ebrahimi. Although I think he is the weaker of the 3. Need to see this Moujerloo somehow. Any videos of his matches? 

Thanks. So Goleij is going juniors again. I don't know Mojerloo but happy to know Goleij is still eligible for juniors.  Interested to see him against this Moujerloo. Goleij and Karimi should be a great rivalry for many years for the 86 spot as they are both young, plus the other 86 guys who will also

be involved like Ebrahimi. Although I think he is the weaker of the 3. Need to see this Moujerloo somehow. Any videos of his matches?

I see him about 4-5 month ago in SHAHED int juniors tournament in Iran.It is some difficult to find videos on Telewebion Archive of Varzesh-Tv channel. also he Won lastly DAN KOLOV- NIKOLA PETROV 2016 tournament in Senior level and in presence of Known Wrestlers as GANEV,PUREVJAV and ORGODOL.

hrer is bad full videos, not sure but think first match of video, he is in blue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCpM94cnJpc/?taken-by=farazkoshti

You think Goleij will get a wrestle-off with the winner of the trials to be on the junior world team since he's injured? It would be a shame if he didn't since he won it so easily last time. I believe Sadeghi was allowed a wrestle-off last year after missing the junior trials. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCpM94cnJpc/?taken-by=farazkoshti

You think Goleij will get a wrestle-off with the winner of the trials to be on the junior world team since he's injured? It would be a shame if he didn't since he won it so easily last time. I believe Sadeghi was allowed a wrestle-off last year after missing the junior trials. 

Junior World Team trials will be held on Friday and Saturday and Goleij's name is on the list. I thnk if he recovers soon they will let him wrestle off with the winner but does he really need that ?! I mean maybe it's better to let someone else have that experience, Goleij is already a senior team material.

In Junior World Team trials we will have some new stars. Peyman Biyabani 60, Saman Shojaei 66, Ali Moujerloo 86. I hope this 3 go up 1 weight in Senior level becouse we need new talents in 74 and 97. also here all other potential in junior level:

55:Ghahermani

60:Biyabani, Hajipour

66: Shojaei, Hoseini, Niazi,Hamzeh

74:-

86: Goleij, Moujerloo, GHasempour

97:Shahbazi

125:-