Sign in to follow this  
wrestfan

Iran Olympic Trials

Junior World Team trials will be held on Friday and Saturday and Goleij's name is on the list. I thnk if he recovers soon they will let him wrestle off with the winner but does he really need that ?! I mean maybe it's better to let someone else have that experience, Goleij is already a senior team material.

If they send Goleij again to junior worlds he is almost a guaranteed gold medal since he won easily last time and will be better now with a year of improvement, but it will also be good to give another junior wrestler the world championship experience. I would prefer they give him the wrestle off as he won't be on the senior trials anyway. 

In Junior World Team trials we will have some new stars. Peyman Biyabani 60, Saman Shojaei 66, Ali Moujerloo 86. I hope this 3 go up 1 weight in Senior level becouse we need new talents in 74 and 97. also here all other potential in junior level:

55:Ghahermani

60:Biyabani, Hajipour

66: Shojaei, Hoseini, Niazi,Hamzeh

74:-

86: Goleij, Moujerloo, GHasempour

97:Shahbazi

125:-

Yes some very talented guys this year. I've heard about Biabani, apparently he doesn't  cut any weight for 60 that's what i've read. Could have a good future at 57 if that is the case that he doesn't really cut to 60. 

If they send Goleij again to junior worlds he is almost a guaranteed gold medal since he won easily last time and will be better now with a year of improvement, but it will also be good to give another junior wrestler the world championship experience. I would prefer they give him the wrestle off as he won't be on the senior trials anyway. 

Yes some very talented guys this year. I've heard about Biabani, apparently he doesn't  cut any weight for 60 that's what i've read. Could have a good future at 57 if that is the case that he doesn't really cut to 60.

This will be fine.So Biabani should go to 57, Shojaei to 74 and Moujerloo to 97 after wining Junior Championship in 60, 66 and 86.

iranians can't won gold medal in 2014 and 2015 WC...daamn

Iran has invested on Juniors in last 4 years(with Khadem management)much more than before. It will lead to training more Stars rather than casual talents. Iran got 2014 and 2015 team title and had 6 finalists in 2015 Junior WC. Hasan Yazdani & Alireza Karimi are 2 of the new Wrestling generation in Iran. Edited by goldlover

Are junior trials over? Results?

Yes and some surprises! but sorry is in Persian by now.

http://iawf.ir/Content/Content.aspx?Mode=1&PageCode=44709

86: Moojerloo was dominant and mor technical, but Mohebi was tough opponent and has style like Goleij.

60: Niazi went down to 60 and beat Biabani!!

66: Very hard an crowded weight also Hajipour Went up to 66 but Shojaei is real talent and got first.

Are junior trials over? Results? 

here is the list of freestyle winners, some of them are new to me, btw Tehran and Mazandaran each won 3

50 Alireza Goudarzi, 55 Nader Nasri, 60 Mehdi Niazi, 66 Saman Shojaei, 74 Ahmad Bazri, 84 Arashk Mohebbi, 96 Hossein Shahbazi, 120 Amir Reza Amiri

Thanks, I was on that site but had not been updates yet. All talk it seems at 84 was between Mojerlo and Ghasmpour, so who is this Mohebbi? And is there video of the matches? Interested in seeing the Biabani match, Shojaei at 66 and the 84 matches.

It seems unless Goleij gets his wrestle off then only Goudarzi at 50 will be on the team from last years team. Namjou Motalegh went from 55 to 60 this year and Jamal Ebadi went from 66 to 74 but neither made it. BTW I don't know if he has grown or not but last year Goudarzi was even small for 50kg juniors. 

Yes his situation with Jokar was weird. I believe they pulled him from senior trials due to injury and obviously they aren't going give him a special wrestle off against Olympic trials winner as he hasn't done much at senior level. He will get a wresttle off for the junior spot though, the commentator said it on the broadcast.

Ghasemi and Noroozi both qualify the weight for the Olympics, Noroozi and Sourian both lost to Japan but Sourian did it in the first round and Noroozi lost in the finals. Not impressive by the greco team at all. Babanjanzadeh also didn't qualify at HW, but he is  pretty bad so I wasn't surprised. 

Ghasemi teched everyone and faced two of the same wrestlers Hadi beat in Asian championships but beat them much more impressively. Beat Shabanbay in the finals 11-0 compared to Hadi beating him 3-1 at Asian championships finals. After today i'm definitely picking Ghasemi to make our Olympic team. Khadem said his form is improving recently in an interview and he was definitely telling the truth. 

Edited by Shiraz123

I think there is no doubt that Komeil is a better wrestler than Hadi, 2015 was really bad for him and Hadi had his chance to prove himself (and I had high hopes on him) but that Makhov match showed everybody how much he is capable of . and I don't buy injury excuses. Makhov had won a Greco medal few days before and probably had to cut 5kg more . the way Hadi gave up two super stupid cautions (for just not listening to the referee) proved he can't compete with the best.

Komeil lost to Petriashvili few weeks ago in Minsk but the match somehow close and Komeil could even win it .not long ago he got teched by Ghomi ! that's quite an improvement.

yeah, bad tournament for the Greco team. even Noroozi almost lost to China when he was down 6-0 ! but still I remember 2012 when Sourian and Rezaei almost failed to qualify here but then few months later they both won the gold in London.

I think there is no doubt that Komeil is a better wrestler than Hadi, 2015 was really bad for him and Hadi had his chance to prove himself (and I had high hopes on him) but that Makhov match showed everybody how much he is capable of . and I don't buy injury excuses. Makhov had won a Greco medal few days before and probably had to cut 5kg more . the way Hadi gave up two super stupid cautions (for just not listening to the referee) proved he can't compete with the best.

Komeil lost to Petriashvili few weeks ago in Minsk but the match somehow close and Komeil could even win it .not long ago he got teched by Ghomi ! that's quite an improvement.

This is unfair expression about Hadi. you can search and find pics of his ankle splint just team arrived Tehran after Wc. Hadi teched Magemedov(Aze) in 2015 World cup,and beat Shemarov(BLR) easily. He is very stable at both domestic and international matches ,Unlike Komeil GHasemi. although he won Takhti cup and Asian Championship with unprepared body but for establishing himself to Khadem again. No doubt for me that Hadi is only one that can stop Geno and Taha in Brazil!

Ghasemi and Noroozi both qualify the weight for the Olympics, Noroozi and Sourian both lost to Japan but Sourian did it in the first round and Noroozi lost in the finals. Not impressive by the greco team at all. Babanjanzadeh also didn't qualify at HW, but he is  pretty bad so I wasn't surprised. 

Ghasemi teched everyone and faced two of the same wrestlers Hadi beat in Asian championships but beat them much more impressively. 

Don't sweat it. The Turks are taking both HW titles anyway.

Shiraz, Lopez is getting old now though. The estonian is around as well. 

Too, I think  the Euro GR HW was boring as well. Kayaalp vs Chernetski

until the very end.

What happened to Hamid Soryan? That was disappointing. He is a world champ.

And I used to underestimate the "Asians" There is a ton of talent there.

And why has China become so good so fast? In the OQ though they didn't have an Iranian in 

any WC they won.

Shiraz, Lopez is getting old now though. The estonian is around as well. 

Too, I think  the Euro GR HW was boring as well. Kayaalp vs Chernetski

until the very end.

What happened to Hamid Soryan? That was disappointing. He is a world champ.

And I used to underestimate the "Asians" There is a ton of talent there.

And why has China become so good so fast? In the OQ though they didn't have an Iranian in 

any WC they won.

Yh like Wrestfan said Sourian had these same problems in the year before the 2012 Olympics but still win gold. But this year I doubt he will be able to do it again. 30 at the lower weights is so old, it's not like 30 at HW. Actually I think they were planning on just sending him to Rio but after this performance now he will be included in the trials against Saman Abdevali, brother of 66KG 2011 world champ Saeid Abdevali.