Sign in to follow this  
wrestfan

Iran Olympic Trials

Not sure the World Cup makes sense for determining who is better, but it's smart to give Mohammadi and yazdani another chance.

I think World Cup will be used just to justify some obvious picks (Rahimi freestyle, Noroozi Greco) , others most probably will be send to an international tournament

btw that was interesting to give Tahan another chance, I think they just want to create competition for Amir Mohammadi in case Yazdani can't make it.

Talebi the Junior world champ at 96 from a couple years ago got invited to training camp starting soon also, he was out with injury for quite a long time. But I doubt he will be in the candidates for this Olympics, but if Yazdani is out then who knows. 

I want to see Mohammadi vs top guys at 97, he wrestled Yazdani close at Takhti but has he ever competed outside of Iran? World cup could be a good chance since Snyder and Varner will probably be there. 

Thanks for the input Shiraz jaan.  You guys are amazing when it comes to wrestling and the details.  Like I said, I am just a  casual fan.  Would you say that Saeed Abdevali is the most fit wrestler in Iran right now?  I mean the guys has had some really tough breaks like in London Olympics and the recent Asian Games against the dude from S. Korea.  But I have never seen another wrestler, at least in Iran, to have as much stamina as this guy.  Care to comment?  Thanks.

Mohammadi got another chance ! here is their final decision

57: Rahimi and Atri both will wrestle at the World Cup, if they still can't make the decision after the world cup, both of them will go to an international tournament.

65: Nasiri and Mohammadi both go to the World Cup, and maybe later to an international tournament

74: Yazdani already selected

86: Karimi already selected

97: Mohammadi and Tahan will wrestle in Los Angles World Cup, if they wrestle well , these 2 and Reza Yazdani (if he recovers) will go to Armenia tournament for the final decision, if Yazdani can't recover in time, the final decison will be between Tahan and Mohammadi.

125: Hadi and Ghasemi both will be send to 3 or 4 international tournaments and who wrestles better against foreign wrestlers will be selected.

tell me about line up Iran in World Cup 2016, or unknown lineup? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BESl0knBziV/?taken-by=juybar_wrestling

btw wrestfan are you sure the 6 week stuff isn't true? He says here in 2 weeks he can do the bike training and in 6 he can be on the mat, as long as nothing goes wrong in between now and then. Says he'll compete in 2 months also. 

This is a very recent interview (from today)  even though the source isn't very reliable. (looks reliable tough)

Thanks for the input Shiraz jaan. You guys are amazing when it comes to wrestling and the details. Like I said, I am just a casual fan. Would you say that Saeed Abdevali is the most fit wrestler in Iran right now? I mean the guys has had some really tough breaks like in London Olympics and the recent Asian Games against the dude from S. Korea. But I have never seen another wrestler, at least in Iran, to have as much stamina as this guy. Care to comment? Thanks.

I gotta agree. Bigger Abdvali can go. He usually pushes the pace and opponents wilt. Has he been hurt?

Thanks for the input Shiraz jaan. You guys are amazing when it comes to wrestling and the details. Like I said, I am just a casual fan. Would you say that Saeed Abdevali is the most fit wrestler in Iran right now? I mean the guys has had some really tough breaks like in London Olympics and the recent Asian Games against the dude from S. Korea. But I have never seen another wrestler, at least in Iran, to have as much stamina as this guy. Care to comment? Thanks.

Probably Esmailpour, he has really good cardio and it has saved him in a few matches where it looks like he was going to lose but was able to make a comeback. A shame his weight will not be in the Olympics.

Don't think he's been hurt, but he is already selected for the Olympics without having to do a trial. Think he's the only Iranian wrestler that didn't have to do any trial.

He is fine, they just let him rest since he beat his main opponent Boyeri twice this year and Boyeri got injured in Asian Championships. if they wanted to have a trial , they had to wait couple of months for Boyeri to recover.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BESl0knBziV/?taken-by=juybar_wrestling

btw wrestfan are you sure the 6 week stuff isn't true? He says here in 2 weeks he can do the bike training and in 6 he can be on the mat, as long as nothing goes wrong in between now and then. Says he'll compete in 2 months also.

Confirmed now by himself and coaches. He already started upper body trainings

Yarahmadi will lose to most American 74s, he barely beat Hall who did not do too great at their trials. I wonder if they will send Burroughs here to wrestle, would be good for American fans. Unless they send someone quite low on the ladder I do not see us winning at 74. 

Another thing is do they want Hassan Yazdani wrestling Burroughs before Rio at the world cup? I could see both sides, if he does wrestle him he will almost certainly lose which could hurt him mentally going to the Olympics. On the other hand even though he loses he can get a feel for Burroughs and maybe make some adjustment, although in my opinion he has no shot and it won't matter. 

Jokar, he'll win easily, as will Goleij. In fact Goleij could go seniors and beat Cox. We are great at 86 and weak at 74. Ghahremani the 55 junior pinned all his opponents at junior trials from what I saw, including a pin over Aaeini who has a cadet world gold and silver. I've heard good things about Biabani too. Don't know too much about Bazri. 

Shiraz, I think there is 4 possible sides for Hasan Yazdani to wrestle Burroughs before Olympics.

If he loses (60 %):

One side if he lose to him, may be hurt mentally, but also can give him a feel about how Burroughs wrestle.

If he wins (40%):

one side is that may take a good spirit beside of feel about how Burroughs wrestle , but also can make him proud and also make Burroughs really aware and cautious about him.

So winning has 2 good and 2 bad , loosing has 1 good and 1 bad results fore him , that depends on his personality and his coaches.

But i pick Wrestling, because of it can be really make him more experienced at new weight before Olympics.

Edited by goldlover

I'd put Geduev at 30-40% chance for beating Burroughs, not Yazdani. Yazdani will be great when he hits his prime years but I don't see him as one of those wrestlers that's good enough to win gold age 20/21. Neither were guys like Akgul, Rahimi, Khinchegashvili etc. This is a guy who couldn't do much in terms of takedowns against Hosseinkhani in the second match even though he controlled it and was never in danger which is good. Hope I'm wrong but I don't give him near 40% at Burroughs.

Yes and some surprises! but sorry is in Persian by now.

http://iawf.ir/Content/Content.aspx?Mode=1&PageCode=44709

86: Moojerloo was dominant and mor technical, but Mohebi was tough opponent and has style like Goleij.

60: Niazi went down to 60 and beat Biabani!!

66: Very hard an crowded weight also Hajipour Went up to 66 but Shojaei is real talent and got first.

I'm having a little trouble reading the Persian script... Do you read it right to left?