Juniors

55 Kheirollah Ghahramani

60 Peiman Biabani

74 Ahmad Bazri

86 Mojtaba Goleij

Seniors

74 Peiman Yarahmadi

86 Meisam Mostafa-Jokar

Not too familiar with juniors yet, what are their credentials? Edited by newyorkwrestler

Not too familiar with juniors yet, what are their credentials?

Ghahremani 55 - Won junior trials, won all his matches by pin from what I saw, including a  pin over cadet world champ Aeini

60 - Biabani - Asian juniors champ, won the trials last year but then had to wrestle off Sadeghi for the spot and lost to him. Sadeghi went on to win his second junior world championship

74 - Bazri - Won the junior trials, nothing too impressive. A step down from Mozaffari who was sent last year

84 - Goleij - Reigning junior world champion 

I think 59 kg Gerco, is toughest weight around the world, even more than 65 kg freestyle.

look at this unqualified entries names ( even after world and continental qualifying Games!)

I Hope Soryan Be in form (mentally, for especial).

Hamid Soryan (IRI)(7 times World and Olympics Champ)

Roman AMOYAN (ARM) (2 times European Champ, 5 times World and Olympics silver and bronze medalist)

Peter MODOS (HUN) (world and Olympics silver and bronze medalist)

Elmurat TASMURADOV (UZB) (3 times Asian Champ, 2 times World bronze medalist)

Revaz LASHKHI (GEO) (Olympic silver medalist, European Champ)

Ivo ANGELOV (BUL) (World Champ,European Champ, 3 times World & European silver and bronze medalist)

Jesse David THIELKE (USA) (Why not Spenser Mango?)

Seunghak KIM (KOR) ( 2015 Korea team member)

and some other European medalists.

I think 59 kg Gerco, is toughest weight around the world, even more than 65 kg freestyle.

look at this unqualified entries names ( even after world and continental qualifying Games!)

I Hope Soryan Be in form (mentally, for especial).

Hamid Soryan (IRI)(7 times World and Olympics Champ)

Roman AMOYAN (ARM) (2 times European Champ, 5 times World and Olympics silver and bronze medalist)

Peter MODOS (HUN) (world and Olympics silver and bronze medalist)

Elmurat TASMURADOV (UZB) (3 times Asian Champ, 2 times World bronze medalist)

Revaz LASHKHI (GEO) (Olympic silver medalist, European Champ)

Ivo ANGELOV (BUL) (World Champ,European Champ, 3 times World & European silver and bronze medalist)

Jesse David THIELKE (USA) (Why not Spenser Mango?)

Seunghak KIM (KOR) ( 2015 Korea team member)

and some other European medalists.

great weight. thielke beat mango in the semi's at the trials and beat former uzbek hafizov in the finals.

They sent the junior and cadet teams to a tournament in Azerbaijan today. Junior FS today and Iran got 3 gold at 60,84 and 120.

Biabani won at 60 teching his way through the tournament aside from the final which he won 7-0. Niazi at the same weight came third so probably Biabani will go Asian and junior world championships.

Ghasempour at 84 teched his way to gold and Mohebbi came third but Mohebbi won trials. Of course Mojerloo and Goleij who is going to wrestle in New York are still here also.

Iran's possible roster for the World Cup, remember this is not official, just a guess from some informed journalists in Iran

57: Hassan Rahimi, Reza Atri

61: Behnam Ehsanpour, Masoud Esmaeilpour

65: Ahmad Mohammadi, Meisam Nasiri

70: Mostafa Hosseinkhani, Saeid Dadashpour

74: Hassan Yazdani, Alireza Ghasemi

86: Meisam Jokar, Reza Bayat

97: Amir Mohammadi, Abbas Tahan

125: Komeil Ghasemi, Parviz Hadi

I think this list is 100% accurate about 57, 61, 65, 97 and 125 but there are doubts.about other weights.

Apparently Alireza Karimi is not going to LA, even though not a sure thing yet. also Lashgari got injured during the trials against Karimi.

It's the World Cup, don't take it too seriously.  Russia doesn't.

Focus on Rio.  Iran needs more FS Olympic champs.  Only 2 I believe in the last 5 Olympics.  Unacceptable.  They need to do better.

Not saying Karimi should go necesserily, I never liked that Iran always sent the A team to world cup anyway. But I don't see the point of sending someone like Bayat. I would send one of the junior 84 guys and send Karimi to the Poland tournament. Dual tournaments aren't good preperation for worlds and Olympics.

It's the World Cup, don't take it too seriously. Russia doesn't.

Focus on Rio. Iran needs more FS Olympic champs. Only 2 I believe in the last 5 Olympics. Unacceptable. They need to do better.

I wouldn't be shocked if Iran won 6 medals, none of them being gold

btw anyone see this new junior HW Amiri? I don't know much about him but was impressed with him from the junior trials and the junior tournament in Azerbaijan, constantly shooting, scores a lot of takedowns and hard to score on. I like to see a heavyweight that takes a lot of shots. Won his matches by tech in both those tournaments. 

I think by considering Olympic reps in all weights, Mohammadi 65, Yazdani 96 and Hadi 125 kg are closest Iranian to gold but unfortunately all of them have had bad injuries lately. hope these guys be in shape by Olympics. Although I think Karimi and Hasan yazdani are the best Iranian wrestlers now, but this is bad fate that here are 2 bests(Burroughs , Sadulaev) in these wights.

Haven't heard that too.

btw they invited a bunch of wrestlers to the national camp, all those 14 wrestlers in "suggested list" for the World Cup plus few more

Yazdani at 97 who won't go to LA obviously

Yarahmadi at 74

Karimi and Goleij at 86

btw anyone see this new junior HW Amiri? I don't know much about him but was impressed with him from the junior trials and the junior tournament in Azerbaijan, constantly shooting, scores a lot of takedowns and hard to score on. I like to see a heavyweight that takes a lot of shots. Won his matches by tech in both those tournaments.

I watched him both in international Shahed cup and trial last year. Good shape (such as Ghomi) and an striker wrestler. but has some weakness in defensive techniques. BTW he is apparently ahead than his age. Edited by goldlover