71 Afshin Biabangard, Azim Garmsiri

75 Saeid Abdevali, Payam Bouyeri

80 Ramin Taheri, Yousef Ghaderian

85 Habibollah Akhlaghi, Hossein Nouri

98 Ghasem Rezaei, Mehdi Aliyari

130 Bashir Babajanzadeh, Behnam Mehdizadeh

for 66, 85 and 98 this tournament will act as "Olympic team trial"

Thanks.

So he is appealing for a wrestle off? Is the guy who won trials competitive with him? He looked amazing yesterday

Yes there are 2 other good in this weight that can even beat him. Moojerloo (very technical, 2016 Donkolov Champion at senior level), Mohebbi (very big and solid )

Yes we have to suffer on behalf of Palestinians even though it's not out problem and has nothing to do with us. No need to mix politics and sport.

It's ridiculous. It would bring th countries closer if they competed. Why not? The wrestlers are not making political statements. Let them wrestle.

I would really be shocked if either of those two beat him, good wrestlers but I would be shocked if they could beat Goleij. There is also Ghasempour and they sent Mohebi and Ghasempour to a tournament in Azerbaijan and Ghasempour teched his way to gold, so will it be him wrestling Goleij for the spot? The situation seems complicated.

I would really be shocked if either of those two beat him, good wrestlers but I would be shocked if they could beat Goleij. There is also Ghasempour and they sent Mohebi and Ghasempour to a tournament in Azerbaijan and Ghasempour teched his way to gold, so will it be him wrestling Goleij for the spot? The situation seems complicated.

Moojerloo got some injury against Mohebbi at trials, and recently added to champ again. So they will send Mohebbi or Ghasempour to Asian J Ch. But for W J Ch, this will be complicated. Mohebbi takes the trials, but lost in Bulgari and Azerbaijan. Seems have some problem internationally. Also there is Goleij that have best shot at gold again. I think it depends on how much risk, the coaches want to take!

Iran's roster for Asian Juniors

in order

Goudarzi, Nasri, Niazi, Shojaei, Bazri, Mohebbi, Shahbazi and Akbari

per coaches whoever gets good result here (probably means winning the gold) will be selected for the worlds junior, otherwise they will consider other options.

btw even if Goleij was available (through winning the trials) they would not send him to the Asian Championship. for the same reason they didn't send Karimi in his last junior year (instead they sent Goleij !)

If you don't mind ... What are the specifics of who is automatically forfeiting to whom? Do we know who sets that policy?

Iranian athletes can not compete against Israeli athletes.  It is Iran who sets the policy.  Iran does not recognize Israel.

Iranian athletes can not compete against Israeli athletes.  It is Iran who sets the policy.  Iran does not recognize Israel.

What about the Olympics? It seems Israel has qualified zero for men's freestyle and one woman. I wonder what Iran would do if Israel qualified lots of medal contenders in lots of weights. Would they refuse to wrestle them at the expense of medaling? 

What about the Olympics? It seems Israel has qualified zero for men's freestyle and one woman. I wonder what Iran would do if Israel qualified lots of medal contenders in lots of weights. Would they refuse to wrestle them at the expense of medaling? 

Yep, Iranians do not compete against Israeli athletes in head-to-head sports no matter in which round and in which competition.

I expect the team to be :

Rahimi

Mohammadi

Yazdani

Karimi (If he isn't injured and can train)

Yazdani

Not sure about 125. Both haven't looked good.

hey bro! u should worl like me! should MAKE on WIKIDEPIA IRANIAN wrestling championships 2016! we want know about Iran more! 

Rumors are that Reza Yazdani just can't get healthy? I see he did not make the world cup team. Shiraz is this true?

I thought they were sparing him for his healthy, to go 100% in Rio. I also would like to know how well he is at this moment.

hey bro! u should worl like me! should MAKE on WIKIDEPIA IRANIAN wrestling championships 2016! we want know about Iran more! 

hahaha if I was getting paid the big $$$ then i'd make a wikipedia page 

and Yazdani is going to the tournament in Armenia at the end of June with another Iranian 97kg wrestler to decide who goes to Rio, he is back in training now. Will probably be whoever is better at world cup goes with Yazdani to Armenia. 

You have to go ahead and just give Yazdani the spot, it was already clear and even more so after world cup. Because he's such an injury risk it may be smart to just have wrestle in Rio, not Armenia as planned with Mohammadi and Tahan. 

Karimi has looked horrible for months now, at trials he was out of shape and he looked even worse here. His second match with Jokar was ridiculous how out of shape he was. He's losing to guys he should beat like the Azerbaijani, Cox, Marsagishvili, etc. He even almost lost to Bayat! I would not mind if they reconsider this weight, this isn't the Karimi who wrestled at worlds and there is not much time to get him there. They never said specifically what his injury was but it has ruined him. He can't beat anyone even remotely decent anymore. A shame as he was probably the most promising guy coming out of Vegas worlds.  

Just my thoughts. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Unless Iran got World cup title, It was very disappointing in my thoughts.
2 of 3 most hopeful wrestlers challenging for Olympic gold were totally out of shape because of bad recent knee injuries, and necklace injury on of them is vague(mohammadi65, Karimi86, and Yazdani 97).
Also i would hope Hasan Yazdani meet Burroughs before Olympic but it didn't take-place.
The only good point for me is that Hadi backed in shape, and Hasan Yazdani showed that has improved in new weight (but was less than I expected too).
Rezaee (team manager) said that they were in middle of tough training for Rio and see World cup as a Preparation for Olympics.

You have to go ahead and just give Yazdani the spot, it was already clear and even more so after world cup. Because he's such an injury risk it may be smart to just have wrestle in Rio, not Armenia as planned with Mohammadi and Tahan. 

Karimi has looked horrible for months now, at trials he was out of shape and he looked even worse here. His second match with Jokar was ridiculous how out of shape he was. He's losing to guys he should beat like the Azerbaijani, Cox, Marsagishvili, etc. He even almost lost to Bayat! I would not mind if they reconsider this weight, this isn't the Karimi who wrestled at worlds and there is not much time to get him there. They never said specifically what his injury was but it has ruined him. He can't beat anyone even remotely decent anymore. A shame as he was probably the most promising guy coming out of Vegas worlds.  

Just my thoughts. 

Yeah I also think they should not waste time and give the spot to Yazdani. but knowing Khadem, I think he will go as planned. Mohammadi is capable of having a good future but he is not there right now to challenge the bests. he lacks experience badly. never wrestled any major tournament outside of Iran.

I was thinking the same about Karimi but who else ? Lashgari got injured during the trials, Jokar is also out of shape after losing the trials. and we can't count on Bayat at all. this leaves Goleij as the only realistic alternative.

btw I think Rahimi is also already selected as they didn't give too much chance to Atri, he was supposed to wrestle India but Amit Kumar didn't show up.

I would not mind seeing Goleij and Karimi go to Armenia. Karimi went from being a guaranteed medal to with this form I doubt he even makes a medal match. Even Kudyamagmedov is a guy he should not be losing to. If they can't improve his form I think you have to take Goleij,  who is not a better wrestler than Karimi both at peak but i'd take Goleij over an out of form Karimi and he can medal I think.  If they can get him back in form then Karimi is the guy, they have two months to do it. The problem is he has been out of form since all the way in that Paris Grand Prix tournament where he couldn't even take shots, was that in December? Not sure if it suddenly changes now.