Sign in to follow this  
rda

NCAA Tournament Day 1 (St. Patty's Day) - 2:30-4:30 (btwn sessions)

Check out this event near MSG.   NYC will be crazy with St. Patty Day, NCAA wrestling/basketball.   

If you have any questions please let me know.  Good times for all.

St. Patrick’s Day in NYC means packed bars, long lines and pricey drinks. Don’t waste precious celebration time and money! All wrestling fans and supporters can stop in for an open bar (wine and beer) for only $40 per person from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. on March 17. No waiting and no hassle!

No matter if you’re an alumni, enthusiast or spectator, everyone in the wrestling community is welcome to join us and make new friends. The social will take place between the first and second sessions at the NCAA Tournament at the Ainsworth, Midtown (45. E 33rd Street between Madison and Park Ave), just five short blocks from Madison Square Garden. Tickets are $40 per person and can be purchased online (BUY TICKETS).

Edited by rda

I imagine beers in MSG will be around $10 for 16 ounces. shouldn't be too hard to get your money's worth at this event. 

still, your best bet is to stock up at a duane reade and pre game in your hotel room. if that's your thing. 

No beers served at MSG during the tourny since it's an NCAA event (I called and asked, shame on me).

I'm not sure if rules are different for a box, but general concessions won't be serving.

No beers served at MSG during the tourny since it's an NCAA event (I called and asked, shame on me).

I'm not sure if rules are different for a box, but general concessions won't be serving.

oh right, good point. even though the average age for a ticket buyer is going to be 50+ haha. 

time to rinse out the pocket flask. 

While the Ainsworth is a great sports bar and it seems like a good deal just be prepared to be packed in like sardines.  It will be overwhelmingly packed. nuts to buts packed.... WIth the first round of the hoops tourney and st pats day, you will be hard pressed to get a beer.  head over to hells kitchen or 9th ave for better value and more room.  all in all, midtown will be bananas, as it always is during st pats and when you throw hoops on top of that, look out...

for out of towners , i implore you to get out of midtown for dinner.  please do yourself a favor get on any subway and head south of 14th street for dinner (if there's time). there is no need to be intimidated by the subways, primarily they go north and south.  cabs are too darn expensive and too time consuming due to traffic.  if you miss you stop just get out and walk the 5 blocks....if you are going to stay in midtown head to hells kitchen.  midtown is truly not indicative of nyc.  its one huge overpriced tourist trap.  i ve lived in nyc for over a decade now and its the best city for dining and excitement. 

yeah Midtown is where you are going to get price gouged. check menus before you sit down anywhere. even cheap diner looking places may have $20 burgers. MSG is also on the southern edge of Midtown. you can also walk downtown to the Village and the rest of "Old" New York. Although those areas may also be packed due to St Paddy's day. I've never been in the city for that holiday. 

on the bright side, no oppressive summer heat, so the subways shouldn't smell too bad!

John79 - this is at the midtown Ainsworth on 33rd and NOT chelsea.    They gave me the option to rent out the entire place.   We have it segmented based on #s.  Up to 75 people we get front bar and as it grows we get bigger sections throughout the spot.   

They served beer only in Oklahoma City the whole tournament.  It just took me till Sat. morning to find it. Couldn't believe it because that was a first.

Really?  I was there and didn't see any beer for sale, nor did I see any non-suite people drinking beer.  If someone sold it, they likely weren't supposed to.  Pretty sure NCAA forbids it in non-suite scenarios.