Sign in to follow this  
WildWildWest

Which HS programs have had the most NCAA Champions?

On 3/1/2016 at 1:40 AM, pennsyrules said:

Perry Oklahoma made me think of the peery brothers who I believe were from shaler Pa.  That would be 6 and not sure if Letters or any of the Nellis' ever won.

Perry is always winning State Championships in wrestling. They miss some years here and there. The reason they are so tough at state is they compete against the big schools all year, then when regionals/state roll around they just crush the smaller schools (Perry is a small school, btw).  Danny Hodge shows up at a lot of their matches from what I understand, plus they have a crapton of other former NCAA All Americans that I bet show up at their matches. 

Edited by TobusRex

earNameCollegeYears/Blair

1975Mike LiebermanLehigh UniversityFr-Sr

1978, 1979Mark LiebermanLehigh UniversityFr-Sr

1979Kelly WardIowa State UniversityPG

1987Rico ChiaparelliUniversity of IowaSr

1988, 1989Pat SantoroUniversity of PittsburghPG

2003, 2005Steve MoccoUniversity of Iowa, Oklahoma StateJr-Sr

2005Zack EspositoOklahoma StateFr-Sr

2007, 2008Mark PerryUniversity of IowaSo-Sr

2011, 2012Kellen RussellUniversity of MichiganFr-Sr

2012-2014Ed RuthPennsylvania State UniversitySr

On 2/29/2016 at 8:40 AM, silver-medal said:

St Eds NCAA Champs:  Fried, Heffernan, Bertin (twice)

Greg Wright won a D2 title for Edinboro

Buckets of AA's.  

30? Straight years with an AA. It ended last year I believe. When I was in Cleveland that’s where I planned for the kids to go when they were of age but then I realized I was living in Cleveland, so we moved.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, Erminio8 said:

Franklin Regional (Murrysville, PA) has 2...Nico Megaludis & Spencer Lee. And hopefully Kemerer gets one next season! (I doubt he beats Hall this year). Not bad for a small public school.

Small School?,       Their accomplishments are great, but they are not a small school 

5A in basketball (of 6 classes)  They would be in the top class of there were three, likely of there were 4 classes in wrestling 

6 hours ago, RichB said:

Small School?,       Their accomplishments are great, but they are not a small school 

5A in basketball (of 6 classes)  They would be in the top class of there were three, likely of there were 4 classes in wrestling 

I graduated from there. My class had 270 kids. I consider that small compared to most big wrestling programs.

I heard Fig Skater Adam Rippon on the radio a few months ago saying, "I am from a very small Town", I new he was from NE Pa, I wondered which Very small town in that area that he was from. Looked up his Bio. Expected a place like Moosic, old Forge, Clarks Summit, (a lot of people would not consider boros with 5-10,000 a small town). But nope only town I could find is Scranton, 5th or 6th largest city in Pa 3rd or 4th largest metro area.

Franklin Reg is smaller than Easton, Liberty Allen, Cannon Mac, North Alleg,----- But larger than Benton, Waynesburg, Philipsburg, clearfield, Renovo-Lock Haven- Central Mtn, BEA, manheim Central;. It is twice the Size of Franklin Area.

You know it is a AAA school, you know it is not declared up, It doesn't to take long to find out that a lot of AAA schools are significantly (like 25-30%) smaller. Why not just accept the fact that your school isn't giant but it sure isn't small