Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Matt Brown ranking? Mike Evans? 174?

I would rank him 3rd...If not for getting caught he'd be #1!!!

P.S. Remember the last time Evans opened up...Maybe he got caught!!!

P.P.S. My money is on Mr. Brown!!!

I would like to know why he would be #1 Please list his wins this year that would make anyone consider him number 1?

The getting caught things is absurd. You win some you lose some pure and simple.

Comments like this just make me laugh.

I believe he's saying that had he beaten Storley, he would've beaten Perry as well. Thus beating the current #1. Just a guess.

If that is what he's saying, and it's certainly possible with some of the clownish buffoons, it is hilariously stupid.

LOL at Brown being # 1 after losing to Storley and having no wins over All Americans as a non-redshirt.

Are you assuming that Evans will beat Perry?

Completely unrelated to the topic being discussed and holding no bearing on Matt Brown's ranking, but I am predicting an Evans upset, though it's hardly an "assumption."

I figured out why Matt Brown should be ranked 3rd, though.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4067/4422 ... 2fe39d.jpg

Am I right?

Geez this latest exchange is giving me a headache.

I am as PSU as it gets (at least I thought I was), but Brown CANNOT be ranked 3rd. If for no other reason, there are 3 other wrestlers at 174 in the top 10 with a 0 on the back end of their record (Not to mention Kokesh with a single loss also, to the same guy Brown has a loss to..by a much closer margin on paper, and more wins).

Is Brown good enough to be in that 3 spot, certainly. I think basically 3-8 is a tie for 3rd at this point, and not at all far behind 2, slightly more behind 1. But there is no way to justify ranking him 3rd right now....How good you think he is does not count as a ranking criteria.

Geez this latest exchange is giving me a headache.

I am as PSU as it gets (at least I thought I was), but Brown CANNOT be ranked 3rd. If for no other reason, there are 3 other wrestlers at 174 in the top 10 with a 0 on the back end of their record (Not to mention Kokesh with a single loss also, to the same guy Brown has a loss to..by a much closer margin on paper, and more wins).

Is Brown good enough to be in that 3 spot, certainly. I think basically 3-8 is a tie for 3rd at this point, and not at all far behind 2, slightly more behind 1. But there is no way to justify ranking him 3rd right now....How good you think he is does not count as a ranking criteria.

This is the rational thinking I was looking for. I did not start this thread to attack Brown as a wrestler. He may very well be the 3rd best at this weight. I simply do NOT see, with the current results we have for the top 8 at this weight, ANY reason for him to be ranked so high. It even further threw me when the #2 guy moves 5 spots for losing in OT and the number 3 stays the same after losing by pin. In all seriousness this wasn't really a Brown ranking thing to me as it was a WHOLE mess at 174.

Just looked at Iowa's sched. In the next 30 days Evans gets a shot at Perry, Storley, Matt Brown, Blanton, and Kokesh. Everyone will know where he stands before Big10's and NCAA's.

AGREED!

Storley wants no piece of Brown in a rematch. Watch what Brown does to Storley in neutral...Storley can't even keep his head up straight for more than 5 seconds. Next go around, Brown will be smarter on top & win the match in neutral. Just remember, Ed Ruth's closest match last year was a 6-3 win over Matt Brown in the Scuffle. Rank him 8th please, I want people to overlook him.

Because he took him down so easily from there last time?

Brown could most definitely win 174 this year. I wouldnt count about anybody in the top 8 from making a run and getting hot in the NCAA tournament. But he most definitely to date does not deserve a top 3 ranking. The B1G schedule will work its way out though like somebody else mentioned. By the end of the B1G tournament hell he might get the 3 seed or better at Nationals. Time will tell.