Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

I blame Cael if we don't qualify 65kg

My sincere apologies to everybody for my idiotic and ignorant post in this thread. Don't know what got into me, must of had rough day at work or something. Should of hit the weights first.

Just deleted it. Again sorry, feel like a real moron.

No need to apologize.  I have several posts I wish I had never made!  Hey, we're human.

If that's the case, then your original story of your coaching experience was a 'false comparison' to my initial message. I was just playing devils advocate, bro.

But my false comparison was an intentional reaction to your false comparison of the original false...screw it.  

Ok, just got back from my anger management and message board etiquette classes. Hope they help.

All kidding aside, yes Ching, some might call the post juicy. Others probably called it something else. Was just so disappointed in myself for bringing a hot button political issue into the wrestling message boards. Not the right forum for that, IMO.

But honestly, when I re-read my post the next day, I was like "whoa, what an angry rant, and at my wrestling colleagues? Totally inappropriate." 

I have a lot of respect for many of you posters, and I really enjoy being here with you all. I got humbled on this, and I hope I learned a big lesson from this.

2td3nf, apology accepted.   Don't let little Bucky beaver get under your skin, he aims exactly for that result and he's refined the skill to where he's nearly batting 1.000

Gomez is one of our guys.   He grew up in the states, he competed in USA, and he won a national title at Michigan State.   He's a USA boy, and he should not be excluded from training with arguably the very best club in America.   

Cael has opened his doors  to those who are on the team and it's an arrangement mutually beneficial to all parties involved.   

I look at wrestling as bigger than the United States.   I mostly pull for team USA, but I also pull for international wrestlers.   I'm a wrestling fan, not limited to team usa wrestling.      When Karelin went up against Rulon, I was pulling for the Russian.   When Satiev was on his run, I pulled for him over all Americans.   I'll be pulling for Sadulaev and for Makhov, come Rio.   And I'll also be pulling for Pico (Mexico) Burroughs (Africa) Snyder (dutch/German) Dlegnav and other USA wrestlers with foreign backgrounds.   Bucky you're really dropping the ball here and I hope this is not an example of hatred/bigotry with you wanting our guy (Gomez) excluded from USa help, merely because he rep[resents a US state and not the entire country. 

Cletus, that's the first intelligent thought I've seen you post! Sometimes the Flo clocks do fall out of sync with the NCAA/UWW clocks and I didn't consider that. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a view of the official UWW clock. However,  I do have another shot of an arguable takedown that could have been scored on a challenge. 

C9vHYCI.jpg

If this was a takedown, Khinchegashvili would have lost to Rahimi in the World Finals. In my understading, this is not a takedown, that arm is avoiding the pass behind, and his back is not in an angle of less than 90 degrees.

Edited by Axe_Spartan

2td3nf, apology accepted.   Don't let little Bucky beaver get under your skin, he aims exactly for that result and he's refined the skill to where he's nearly batting 1.000

Gomez is one of our guys.   He grew up in the states, he competed in USA, and he won a national title at Michigan State.   He's a USA boy, and he should not be excluded from training with arguably the very best club in America.   

Cael has opened his doors  to those who are on the team and it's an arrangement mutually beneficial to all parties involved.   

I look at wrestling as bigger than the United States.   I mostly pull for team USA, but I also pull for international wrestlers.   I'm a wrestling fan, not limited to team usa wrestling.      When Karelin went up against Rulon, I was pulling for the Russian.   When Satiev was on his run, I pulled for him over all Americans.   I'll be pulling for Sadulaev and for Makhov, come Rio.   And I'll also be pulling for Pico (Mexico) Burroughs (Africa) Snyder (dutch/German) Dlegnav and other USA wrestlers with foreign backgrounds.   Bucky you're really dropping the ball here and I hope this is not an example of hatred/bigotry with you wanting our guy (Gomez) excluded from USa help, merely because he rep[resents a US state and not the entire country. 

When did PR become a state?

wow, was he doing a clinic or is actually coaching at the NLWC

Yonemitsu is at Penn State with the Nittany Lion Wrestling club on a 2 year program to learn the fundamentals of college wrestling (folkstyle) and also to study the coaching styles of different countries. Mark McKnight, from Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, will be there as well to help.

That was from a PA wrestling website.  I'm sure he had to be helping in the room as well.  There's no way you have a Olympic champ there and not have him in the room sometimes.  The Penn State fans can answer this way better than I can.

Edited by CA_Wrestler

Just loved Yonemitsu's style of wrestling when he won Gold at the 2012 Olympics. Pretty sure he took Silver at 2011 Yarygin and 2011 World's also. Seems like he could go so gracefully with the flow and momentum of the moves in a match, then use it to his advantage. Was real fun to watch, and must be nothing but a benefit in the Nittany Lion wrestling room.

(Side note, not that anyone cares - Sent a more polished and professional version of my other post from this thread to my US Congressman in the House of Representatives - which is a more appropriate forum, IMO. He actually sent me back a very nice written letter in the mail addressing my concerns. Very cool.)

Edited by 2td3nf

Yonemitsu is at Penn State with the Nittany Lion Wrestling club on a 2 year program to learn the fundamentals of college wrestling (folkstyle) and also to study the coaching styles of different countries. Mark McKnight, from Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, will be there as well to help.

That was from a PA wrestling website. I'm sure he had to be helping in the room as well. There's no way you have a Olympic champ there and not have him in the room sometimes. The Penn State fans can answer this way better than I can.

That's awesome that Cael and PSU brought him in.... Sounds mutually beneficial and no doubt enhances the technique in the room. I wish more programs would do things like this.

Buckxell, one more for fun here.

How do you feel about Team USA hiring Segei Beloglazov (back in 2003?) to coach the men's American freestyle team along side with Kevin Jackson. I think there were strong mixed reactions to this hire on part of the American contingent. A top notch technician type coach from Russia to help the American team compete against the Russians?

Sorry, didn't see this post until now. I got a chance to work with Sergei and he is no doubt one of the top technicians in the world. I am all for it. The way I look at it is this.... Sergei = potentially helps US chances of US medals. Gomez funded at PSU = potentially hurting our chances of US medals. Maybe I am too patriotic. Sorry