madcat11

Snyder or GWiz?

Snyder or GWiz?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gwiz
    • Snyder
    • Other

Flip a coin. I predict a 4-3 or 5-4 score. I don't see Snyder riding for any significant amount of time. I will go on a limb and say Gwiz because he gets a late first period takedown that Snyder doesn't answer with an escape.

Edited by repechange

I'll go Snyder, but if Gwiz gets on top he may be in trouble. 

Starting on top Snyder will be quick and get out, but if Gwiz scores a takedown and breaks him down, Snyder may get pinned. 

They better be #1 and #2 seeds. I hope Walz doesn't mess that up

Can Tomasello beat Deringer?  Can he beat Nolf? 

Answer is no way.

Giving up 35 + lbs, Snyder can beat Gwiz ( a guy on par with Deringer).  Not saying he is going to, but he is in the equation.  Snyder improves every week.  I was shocked he took down, but he did and got out immediately.  This kid is special.  I wish we had a 220 lbs weight class. 

Can Tomasello beat Deringer? Can he beat Nolf?

Answer is no way.

Giving up 35 + lbs, Snyder can beat Gwiz ( a guy on par with Deringer). Not saying he is going to, but he is in the equation. Snyder improves every week. I was shocked he took down, but he did and got out immediately. This kid is special. I wish we had a 220 lbs weight class.

Good lord. Hyperbole much? 30-35 pounds isn't that big of a deal in the heavyweight division. Your Tomasello example is ridiculous. A better example would be Tomasello-Jack (~15% of weight)

It's not like we haven't seen smaller heavyweights have great success before.

Well I think it's size vs speed. I think Kyle is slick enough to get a couple of Takedowns on Gwiz. But I guess the question is, what does Gwiz have that he can use against Snyder besides girth. I think it'll be an interesting battle if these two meet.

Edited by de4856

Good lord. Hyperbole much? 30-35 pounds isn't that big of a deal in the heavyweight division. Your Tomasello example is ridiculous. A better example would be Tomasello-Jack (~15% of weight)

It's not like we haven't seen smaller heavyweights have great success before.

The only small HWT that won with this sort of success I can think of is Kurt Angle...the guy most people would compare Kyle too.  Getting compared to Angle is incredible. ANd Kyle is much young than Kurt when Kurt hit this level of awesomeness.  The next closest thing might be Tommy Rowlands, another very very special HWT, and a guy that had to put on weight in order to battle Mocco and those guys.  

Gwiz is a beast! He basically put the uva kid over his knee and spanked him before pinning him. Over exaggerated on my part and no intended disrespect to the uva kid but it is pretty close to the truth. Snyder is great but I don't think he walks thru Gwiz.

The only small HWT that won with this sort of success I can think of is Kurt Angle...the guy most people would compare Kyle too. Getting compared to Angle is incredible. ANd Kyle is much young than Kurt when Kurt hit this level of awesomeness. The next closest thing might be Tommy Rowlands, another very very special HWT, and a guy that had to put on weight in order to battle Mocco and those guys.

Zabriskie was also very good, though obviously not on the level of Snyder.

Edited by LemonPie