Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Iowa/Okie State

Come on, John, bump Oliver up to 157 for the Iowa dual!

It sure would be a fun match to watch but it would have ZERO benefit to OSU. The way Oliver is scoring bonus at 149 OSU gets big pts at 149. It's also not worth pulling Kindig's redshirt to try to win at 149 still. In addition, St John has NOT been putting up bonus. Why risk a loss when you will get more pts between the 2 weights staying status quo?

As a fan I would LOVE to see the match but NO WAY it happens....

Ok, I'll get the detailed predictions started.

125: McD major Kilmara (4-0)

133: Ramos dec Morrison (7-0)

141: Ballweg dec Feikert (10-0)

149: Oliver maj Kelly (10-4)

157: St. John dec Deiringer (13-4)

165: Caldwell dec Moore (13-7)

174: Perry dec Evans (13-10)

184: Chionuma dec Lofthouse (13-13)

197: Rosholt dec Burak (13-16)

285: Gelogaev dec Telford (13-19)

Notes:

Normally, I would predict a TF or Fall for McD against an unranked true freshman but he does not appear to be hitting on all cylinders.

If Grothus was going, I would say Oliver wins by TF or Fall but word is Kelly is going and that's because he has the better style for holding JO to a major.

I think Perry is a bad matchup for Evans. He can neutralize Evan's ground game and win from their feet.

Chionuma has been wrestling pretty well and I'm not sold on Lofthouse at 184 so I'm picking a slight upset.

I was tempted to pick Z by bonus based on how Telford has been wrestling, but Z hasn't looked as good as last year either.

Obviously, this match could easily go the other way. Lofthouse holds serve or Evans wins and it's down to criteria. Throw in a McD tf or pin and Iowa wins without a further look. Of course, Oliver could also win by more, well you get the point.

Should be a good one. Hope I can watch online.

125: McD major Kilmara (4-0)

133: Ramos dec Morrison (7-0)

141: Ballweg dec Feikert (10-0)

149: Oliver maj Kelly (10-4)

157: St. John dec Deiringer (13-4)

165: Caldwell dec Moore (13-7)

174: Perry dec Evans (13-10)

184: Chionuma dec Lofthouse (13-13)

197: Rosholt dec Burak (13-16)

285: Gelogaev dec Telford (13-19)

Using FT's prediction box score I see potential problems for Iowa @ 133 & 141 and potential problems for OSU @ 174, 184 and 197. OSU has potential bonus opportunity @ 149 and 285 while Iowa has potential bonus opportunity @ 125.

My take is

mcD by maj dec, no more

ramos by dec

Ballweg vs. Filkert probably a decision for Iowa

Oliver is a TF or pin

St. john will have his hands full with Dierenger, a decision at most

Caldwell is capable of a major or more, but he isn't aggressive enough to win by more than a regular

Perry wins by a dec.

184 this is a tossup, OSU is really good on his feet, but not on the mat. iowa is the opposite

197 Rosholt isn't 100% but Iowa doesn't have much

Gelagaeov over Telford anywhere from a decision to a pin.

Iowa gets 16 at the most

OSU gets 17 to 19 depending on 285.

My take is

mcD by maj dec, no more

ramos by dec

Oliver is a TF or pin

Caldwell is capable of a major or more, but he isn't aggressive enough to win by more than a regular

Perry wins by a dec.

184 this is a tossup, OSU is really good on his feet, but not on the mat. iowa is the opposite

Iowa gets 16 at the most

Agree with you Big Apple that Dieringer may wrestle St. John better than most seem to expect. St. John is a pretty big favorite based on past credentials, an 11-0 season to date (including a win over Napoli) and his #1 ranking. Dieringer was upset at the Scuffle, so he's now 17-1. They've only had one common opponent, Favia (Bucknell) who St. John beat 9-0 and Dierenger beat 11-0. Not sure, but St. John may be struggling with weight issues based on his close and controversial win over Demas. I wouldn't put money on an upset here (well, maybe if given big odds), but I wouldn't be shocked if Dieringer managed to pull one off somehow. Anyway, I think he's great fun to watch, especially as he's only a RS freshman.

I agree Mr. Hurricane...That would no doubt put the Hawks out of this one...FYI Mr. Vollrath is not for hire!!!

P.S. I'll take Okie State 22-12!!!

My take is

mcD by maj dec, no more

ramos by dec

Oliver is a TF or pin

Perry wins by a dec.

Iowa gets 16 at the most

Agree with you Big Apple that Dieringer may wrestle St. John better than most seem to expect. St. John is a pretty big favorite based on past credentials, an 11-0 season to date (including a win over Napoli) and his #1 ranking. Dieringer was upset at the Scuffle, so he's now 17-1. They've only had one common opponent, Favia (Bucknell) who St. John beat 9-0 and Dierenger beat 11-0. Not sure, but St. John may be struggling with weight issues based on his close and controversial win over Demas. I wouldn't put money on an upset here (well, maybe if given big odds), but I wouldn't be shocked if Dieringer managed to pull one off somehow. Anyway, I think he's great fun to watch, especially as he's only a RS freshman.

[table][tr][td]125[/td][td]McD[/td][td]Maj[/td][td]4-0[/td][/tr][tr][td]133[/td][td]Ramos[/td][td]Maj[/td][td]8-0[/td][/tr][tr][td]141[/td][td]Ballweg[/td][td]Dec[/td][td]11-0[/td][/tr][tr][td]149[/td][td]Oliver[/td][td]Maj[/td][td]11-4[/td][/tr][tr][td]157[/td][td]DSJ[/td][td]Dec[/td][td]14-4[/td][/tr][tr][td]165[/td][td]Caldwell[/td][td]Maj[/td][td]14-8[/td][/tr][tr][td]174[/td][td]Perry[/td][td]Dec[/td][td]14-11[/td][/tr][tr][td]184[/td][td]Lofthouse[/td][td]Dec[/td][td]17-11[/td][/tr][tr][td]197[/td][td]Rosholt[/td][td]Dec[/td][td]17-14[/td][/tr][tr][td]285[/td][td]Gelogaev[/td][td]Dec[/td][td]17-17[/td][/tr][tr][td]Penalty on[/td][td]Brands[/td][td]-1 team point[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

I'm just teasing (trolling)on the team point, but I do think it will be very close dual.

Seems like many of us have similar picks except 174-184-197

I believe if Rosholt doesn't wrestle then an underrated Burak can give the Hawks the win on the road. Even if he does wrestle, I don't think it's an easy win by any means.

Perry should win over Evans convincingly from what I saw at the Scuffle. He's too good on his feet.

I have Ulive access from Penn State site, will this allow me to see the dual?

Guest Hammerlock3
whats the over/under for shoves in the Perry/Evans match?

my thoughts exactly, I say 30. Neither of those guys take any attitude, and both have a lot.

Guest Hammerlock3
Anyone think iy is possible McD doesn't make the cut?

any chance that Evans' mustache is meant to attract women?