Sign in to follow this  
jstock

Comments on the Mullet interview ?

Responses to Brooks' interview using a 10-point humor scale (and the hidden agendas they reveal):

1. Pathetic - disparaging to the sport.......(Indicates respondent is a hard-core Iowa hater)
  2. Not funny at all.....................................(Respondent likely has some level of animus towards Iowa)
  3. Indifferent/don't care............................(Subconscious Iowa animus - or lack of a sense of humor)
  4. Slightly funny........................................(Respondent falls within the normal range of well-adjusted adults)
  5. Good for a couple of yuks....................(Respondent falls within the normal range of well-adjusted adults)
  6. Humorous, but not "LOL".....................(Respondent falls within the normal range of a well-adjusted adults)
  7. Genuinely Funny..................................(Respondent is easily amused, but otherwise psychologically normal)
  8. "LOL"....................................................(Respondent wears black and gold glasses and drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon)
  9. Very Funny...........................................(Respondent is overly nostalgic for McIlravy & the Gable era)
  10. Hilarious - Academy Award Winner......(Respondent is over-sensitive to charges that Hawkeyes don't have fun.)
Edited by HurricaneWrestling

I loved it and that is why I started the thread. never ceases to amaze me how people on here get sooo offended when someone does not agree with them. 

To me, the best part of this is that it came from a guy on what most would consider the most intense team, intense history, with an intense coach,  who I think had a mullet at one time!  I was actually picturing Brands addressing the team and trying not to laugh but ended up cracking. 

The sport is as intense as it gets. Lots of drama, hard work and torture. I think it's great that the kid had some fun.. lighten up Francis

And BTW - I am not an Iowa fan, but have respect for team. I follow PA and PSU all the way

There is one agenda here and that is the Iowa fans who are full damage control because deep down they know that was embarrassing. I would cringe if a Penn State guy gave that interview as it came off unintelligent and perpetuates the stereotype that all wrestlers are knuckle dragging neanderthals. Thank god McIntosh was the next interview as he was very articulate.

I'm not an Iowa fan and thought it was funny. And of course McIntosh's interview was perfect - he is a Penn Stater.

This is ridiculous! The NCAA should be ashamed of that interview!

LOL. Yeah, I thought it was funny, too. Most of these guys take themselves sooo seriously. It was fun to see Sammy lighten up a bit. Only the self-righteous and the defensive homers will have a problem with it, and I see that they've come out again, on cue. Figures.

There is one agenda here and that is the Iowa fans who are full damage control because deep down they know that was embarrassing. I would cringe if a Penn State guy gave that interview as it came off unintelligent and perpetuates the stereotype that all wrestlers are knuckle dragging neanderthals. Thank god McIntosh was the next interview as he was very articulate.  

YUP ........ sitting on the sidelines and going..... "damage control?"......... the ONLY ones I am seeing not LOVING the interview are full time Iowa haters.

The interview was funny as heck   "unintelligent?'.... he was wonderfully composed and well spoken.GREAT deadpan.

Someone hates that it seems those saying Iowa wrestlers don't have any fun may be completely wrong and must defend their position at all cost.

Edited by AKHUNTER