Sign in to follow this  
tech_fall

Dake vs Ruth at 174 or Taylor vs Ruth

Hypothetically I imagine ruth could get down to 174 as he was there last yeaar and we have seen Dake move up how do you see this match going?

For argument sake we have beat to death Dake vs Taylor but who would win Ruth vs Taylor?

I'm actually fairly confident that Ed Ruth would beat them both. I think Dake would be a big tougher match-up problem, as he is for most, because he is tough to score on.

However, It is my personal opinion that Ed Ruth is the best wrestler in the country. I have a hard time seeing anyone beating him.

Hate to post this, and know I'll regret it, but this PSU fan has his tail between his legs when it comes to Dake.

I am not going to bet against him anymore. The guy is the real deal. As he finishes off his maturation into freestyle, he will have a gold medal around his neck one day. At any weight he can legitimately get to, and compete, I am pushing my chips onto the table for Dake.

I'll root for Taylor or Ruth or whoever from PSU is up against him, but wagering is not rooting for. It will be refreshing to root for Dake as an American Olympian.

How much do Taylor and Ruth wrestle in the room now that they are 2 weight classes apart? I know they used to wrestle together quite a bit, but wasn't the word on the street from last year that Ruth was able to handle Taylor pretty handily?

Hate to post this, and know I'll regret it, but this PSU fan has his tail between his legs when it comes to Dake.

I am not going to bet against him anymore. The guy is the real deal. As he finishes off his maturation into freestyle, he will have a gold medal around his neck one day. At any weight he can legitimately get to, and compete, I am pushing my chips onto the table for Dake.

I'll root for Taylor or Ruth or whoever from PSU is up against him, but wagering is not rooting for. It will be refreshing to root for Dake as an American Olympian.

You think he'll grow enough to get into the lineup for the US?

Let's face it. If Dake made the cut to 149. Oliver would torch him.

Sorry for butting in. Similar to how Jayson Ness shutdown Oliver's offense and rode him, I think Dake could do the same.

Oliver had offense during his freshman year? I thought everyone referred to him as Stalliver that year.

Dake is exceptionally talented. He is probably most peoples' pick for the best PFP college wrestler in the country.

That said, I don't think Dake will beat Burroughs. And that's too bad, because I think that after training freestyle for a little while, he could compete with the best in the world.

Interestingly, 163 has a lot of talented guys, with Howe, Dake, and Taylor putting a lot of pressure Burroughs.

Yes Ruth was handling Taylor last year in the room. Now it is brown and Taylor-I here that is a battle everyday, pretty even with slight edge to Taylor. Ruth is wrestling Wright and Varner-when he is there. Word is Varner is the only one in the room Ruth hasn't won a 2 minute go against. Also everyone I have talked to say Wright vs Ruth is a dead heat. They split ever other takedown. BUt the edge has to go to Ruth there if they wrestled a live match I would think. But Taylor, not even close people.

Interestingly, 163 has a lot of talented guys, with Howe, Dake, and Taylor putting a lot of pressure Burroughs.

As of right now, the only one of these guys putting pressure on Burroughs is Howe. Dake might start putting pressure on him once he starts training freestyle, but he's still way behind. And as of now, Taylor doesn't even belong in the conversation at 163.

As of right now, the only one of these guys putting pressure on Burroughs is Howe. Dake might start putting pressure on him once he starts training freestyle, but he's still way behind. And as of now, Taylor doesn't even belong in the conversation at 163.

You mention Taylor doesn't belong in the conversation, but I'm not sure Dake belongs in it either. When they had a go this summer, Burroughs took Dake down 10 or 11 times in 6 minutes.

Yes Ruth was handling Taylor last year in the room. Now it is brown and Taylor-I here that is a battle everyday, pretty even with slight edge to Taylor. Ruth is wrestling Wright and Varner-when he is there. Word is Varner is the only one in the room Ruth hasn't won a 2 minute go against. Also everyone I have talked to say Wright vs Ruth is a dead heat. They split ever other takedown. BUt the edge has to go to Ruth there if they wrestled a live match I would think. But Taylor, not even close people.

-----

Interesting to hear about the head to heads. Impressive that Ruth goes up a weight and battles even with Wright and trains with Varner. Ruth, Dake and Stieber seem to have the most potential of all the current college guys.

I'd not bet against Ruth vs the lighter guys. Taylor and Dake are great, butgiven how hard it is to bump up one weight class, let alone two ... it's crazy to say Taylor or Dake would win v Ruth, imo.