fullnelson

How many NCAAs have you attended

I did this couple years ago and then Sandy Stevens did it the last 2 years, but since she has not been asked to return as the 'voice of the NCAAs', I thought I would bring it up again. I attended my first as a young D-1 coach at Princeton in 1975, and have not missed one since-so this is my 42nd straight. Seen a lot of changes.

Only way I can catch up is by bunching up all the "NCAA's" ... including D2 and D3's! My active streak started in 2002. 

My longest active streak is Cadet & Junior Nationals, starting in 1999. Actually waiting to answer this question in about 30-35 years. 

Totaled it up. Been to/will be at 25 NCAA championships in 15 years (2002-2016 D1, 2008,2009 D2, 2009-2016 D3).

In the past 15 years, I've been to 31 college national championship tournaments. 

Edited by JasonBryant

Jason and I evidently started attending D1 the same year. I've not missed ant since. It'll be easy for me to remember as I was just a freshman in college watching 2 of my favorite guys lose early (Zadick and Jessman Smith) but also watching history at 197lb.

See y'all in NYC,

Phill

Edited by merr6267

My first one was in 2000, I watched my high school teammate Carl Perry win his national title. I helped him make weight that Wednesday. We basically rolled around the arena trying to untie each other's shoes. I think it kept it fun for him that weekend; It was classic! Attended every year since, except 2001 and 2006

This will be my 14th:

2003-2016 (only missing 2009)

Missed 2009 for the birth of my daughter.  Due date was the first day of the tourney.  Two weeks prior to the tourney, our OB said we could induce the week prior to the NCAAs.  I looked at my wife and said, "That's great! Now I can go to nationals!"  I was joking (already sold my ticket)... but I don't think she thought it was very funny.

Edited by lu_alum