Sign in to follow this  
Mokoma

Arizona State Coach To Head Table?

It was a total BS power move by the ref.

Pretty certain Ryan got a warning.  It's not a bs power move, its in the rules and the refs are very consistent about calling it.  If you are questioning the refs call it is a warning, been in the rule book for a long time.  There are different ways to question what's going on, a coach could ask the ref if he called a takedown, but if indicating to the ref that he made the wrong call, that it wasn't a takedown then that should be a warning.  The only difference now days is a coach can ask for a review, if any available.  Generally not a good idea to give away a warning first round of the tournament.  It is probably difficult to coach you own kid at this level.

No problem with the rule and enforcing it.  I coached in an area where if you were buddies with the ref you could actually step into the circle to yell and shout instructions and the refs acted like nothing was going on, but if I so much as got out of my chair I was given a warning or dinged for a point.  The rule is a good one and should be enforced equally in all situations.

Pretty certain Ryan got a warning. It's not a bs power move, its in the rules and the refs are very consistent about calling it. If you are questioning the refs call it is a warning, been in the rule book for a long time. There are different ways to question what's going on, a coach could ask the ref if he called a takedown, but if indicating to the ref that he made the wrong call, that it wasn't a takedown then that should be a warning. The only difference now days is a coach can ask for a review, if any available. Generally not a good idea to give away a warning first round of the tournament. It is probably difficult to coach you own kid at this level.

I saw what happened and in no way did it warrant a team point. If none was deducted, good. I have no problem with a verbal warning. I was responding to the claim that a point had been deducted. The way things are going that point might determine a national championship, and a power-hungry ref shouldn't have gotten in the middle of that. I'm glad to hear no point was deducted.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I coached in an area where if you were buddies with the ref you could actually step into the circle to yell and shout instructions and the refs acted like nothing was going on, but if I so much as got out of my chair I was given a warning or dinged for a point.

Was it Iowa?