Sign in to follow this  
IMFAN

Celebrating Victory

OK, I have to comment on the crazy complaints about one of the greatest college wrestlers who has a chance to make history in March.

I have seen all these comments, primarily from PSU fans, of his "obnoxious, cocky, etc." reaction by Kyle Dake to winning big matches.

I watch a lot of PSU matches and almost every win by Taylor at home is followed by him pumping the crowd to celebrate an expected win over an inferior opponent.

Kyle Dake has reacted, and rightly so, to winning NCAA titles 3 times with similar energy and he is condemned by the PSU faithful.

He reacted after the finals of the Scuffle, and with all the hype and booing from PSU fans, he spends 2 seconds waving to the crowd, and he is called all sorts of names through the different sites.

Ed Ruth taunts his opponents and puts on a show to belittle them in front of the home crowd, Taylor regularly pumps the crowd, and if Dake does it, because he just beat yet another PSU wrestler, he is called all kinds of names.

Accept this....KD will have won his 4 titles by beating 2 Iowa finalists and 2 PSU finalists and if that doesn't allow a kid from an Ivy League school to raise his hands and celebrate w/o stupid fans who after 4 years still can't accept his incredible talent.....you are pathetic!

Lol what's the point of this thread? Regardless who the opponent is, a little bit of celebrating is OK. Nothing feels better than victory. There are fans for every school, every team, and every club around the world that doesn't like celebrating. It is what it is. Quite frankly, I seen nothing wrong with Dake doing it. DT would do the same (and very well may).

The best original celebration was Mark Schultz's standing backflip after winning his NCAA and Olympic championships. Teyon Ware expanded on that when he won. The most memorable is Darrion Caldwell celebrating before the clock ran out when he beat Metcalf.

The best original celebration was Mark Schultz's standing backflip after winning his NCAA and Olympic championships. Teyon Ware expanded on that when he won. The most memorable is Darrion Caldwell celebrating before the clock ran out when he beat Metcalf.

Wait, what happened with Caldwell?! What weight is he going this year?

Wait, what happened with Caldwell?! What weight is he going this year?

Tony, In one of the most sportsmanlike displays our sport had seen, Metcalf assisted Caldwell in performing a celebratory backflip by spotting for him, and even giving Caldwell a little extra boost to make the rotation as Caldwell was exhausted after the bout.

large_caldwell321.jpg

Tony, In one of the most sportsmanlike displays our sport had seen, Metcalf assisted Caldwell in performing a celebratory backflip by spotting for him, and even giving Caldwell a little extra boost to make the rotation as Caldwell was exhausted after the bout. large_caldwell321.jpg

As an Iowa fan, that's how I saw it.....:shock:

1:20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkU6RN7X-6E

I agree, MM. Caldwell was clearly in trouble during that rotation, and Metcalf hurried over to make sure his compatriot in battle was not injured.

It was widely reported that Darrion bought Brent a beer later that night as a gesture of appreciation.

Caldwell screwed up bigtime as he was off of his mark. They had practiced it in the middle of the mat, then DC wasn't there. That's why Metcalf had to run after him. DC was later quoted as saying "I couldn't have done it without Brent's help."