Sign in to follow this  
ohcomeon

Session 3 Discussion

GTFO. Take out the word wrong from your first sentence and you hit the nail on the head. Just because there's a "pushout" rule that's executed with no common sense doesn't mean the ref swallows the whistle the rest of the match. Zero offense from Collica and no stall calls. You're absolutely clueless.

Collica stayed plenty busy.  He moved forward, stayed in bounds, took ineffective shots, and tried to counter every time Mayes shot.  Mayes could have wrestled the circle and won, or he could have taken shots before the last 10 seconds each round.  Either way it's on Mayes that the better wrestler lost. 

So apparently I missed a good time in the Mayes-Collica match? What was the TD situation?

Mayes the agressor, shoots Collica off twice, action is the call.  2nd period collica with an explosive escape that ends up with Mayes out of bounds.  Collica rushes him before he can get back in, instant stall call.  Later in the period Collica ends up backing mayes out again (I think it was off a countershot, but I dont remember) instant stall call and point awarded to collica.

Mayes continues to be the agressor for the remainder of the match, gets one stall call in the 3rd period and loses because of a bogus point the ref awarded.  Very frustrating, I don't think I've ever seen the rules be applied more inconsistently.  Mayes shoots collica off twice, nothing.  Collica shoots Mayes off, stall call

I saw Espo freak out a bit but I didn't see smith.

You're probably right - I caught it out of the corner of my eye and assumed it was Smith. Also, my apologies for my earlier statements. I was obviously a little heated over that mayes match. Didn't mean to take it out on you.

Wow, Nolf really turned it on there. Does anyone have a rundown of the scoring starting late in the 2nd/early in the 3rd period?

I thought the score was tied 2-2 before Nolf got the TD to end the 2nd. So, 4-2 Nolf. But the score ticker showed 5-2 starting the 3rd. Where did the extra point come from?

Mayes the agressor, shoots Collica off twice, action is the call.  2nd period collica with an explosive escape that ends up with Mayes out of bounds.  Collica rushes him before he can get back in, instant stall call.  Later in the period Collica ends up backing mayes out again (I think it was off a countershot, but I dont remember) instant stall call and point awarded to collica.

Mayes continues to be the agressor for the remainder of the match, gets one stall call in the 3rd period and loses because of a bogus point the ref awarded.  Very frustrating, I don't think I've ever seen the rules be applied more inconsistently.  Mayes shoots collica off twice, nothing.  Collica shoots Mayes off, stall call

Hmmm. Based only on the written account, I get being pissed off, but it's hard to get too up in arms about a guy who didn't get a TD.

Wow, Nolf really turned it on there. Does anyone have a rundown of the scoring starting late in the 2nd/early in the 3rd period?

I thought the score was tied 2-2 before Nolf got the TD to end the 2nd. So, 4-2 Nolf. But the score ticker showed 5-2 starting the 3rd. Where did the extra point come from?

Second stall call on Smith.

Scoreboard indicated there was some sort of stall call against Jojo?

You're probably right - I caught it out of the corner of my eye and assumed it was Smith. Also, my apologies for my earlier statements. I was obviously a little heated over that mayes match. Didn't mean to take it out on you.

No problem at all.  I'd freak out on the losing end of that match.  I think Mayes mostly gave it away, but the ref held his hand and helped him do it. 

they are just lucky the refs in that match had no guts......

smith did nothing

smith horrible hands to the face

smith horrible head butts first period

Oh come on, your homerism is just crazy.  It wasn't as egregious as you're making it sound.

Hmmm. Based only on the written account, I get being pissed off, but it's hard to get too up in arms about a guy who didn't get a TD.

That's what is so frustrating. Collica backed up on every Mayes shot attempt and never got hit for stalling. He would be off the mat, circle and take a half-assed re-shot and get stalling calls against Mayes for backing up. Mayes initiated all the action. Gotta give Collica credit for taking what the ref was giving him, I guess.

Edited by Crotalus