Sign in to follow this  
ohcomeon

Session 3 Discussion

Tbar, yes. He was backing, playing edge and Rogers had all the attacks for quite a while mid match. Yes, that would bad called stalling.

Your perspective is so skewed you are hard to pay attention to.

Dopiest quote of day. Nickal stalls his way to major decision! Lol.

What a stupid comment

That is a gutless cheapshot.  Are you even aware of the medical condition Anthony dealt with his senior year?  You are a pathetic turd.  Anthony has more guts and integrity in one of his shoelaces than you will ever have.

Apparently my comment struck a nerve....Rather than drag this topic thru mud trodden with sincere interest only by those who have followed Michigan wrestling for decades, let's agree that it's possible to view things from different perspectives.  From mine, I prefer to applaud former Wolverine wrestlers like Otto and Tyrell who achieved AA despite similarly serious physical setbacks without ever offering excuses.and exhibiting true leadership qualities.  Cheap?  Not so much.

Mayes the agressor, shoots Collica off twice, action is the call.  2nd period collica with an explosive escape that ends up with Mayes out of bounds.  Collica rushes him before he can get back in, instant stall call.  Later in the period Collica ends up backing mayes out again (I think it was off a countershot, but I dont remember) instant stall call and point awarded to collica.

Mayes continues to be the agressor for the remainder of the match, gets one stall call in the 3rd period and loses because of a bogus point the ref awarded.  Very frustrating, I don't think I've ever seen the rules be applied more inconsistently.  Mayes shoots collica off twice, nothing.  Collica shoots Mayes off, stall call

I was pretty sure you made this up when you first posted, but I held off disagreeing because you sounded so sure of yourself.  Go watch the replay and you'll see Collica doesn't back out or get shot out a single time in the first 2 periods.  I can understand your frustration with the rule resulting in the point against Mayes, but you are dead wrong about Collica getting shot off and about the rule being applied inconsistently.  If you watch it again you'll see there are actually a few other times Mayes gets shot off and action is called.  

Basically Collica played the game and looked busy enough and didn't back out, while Mayes made actual attempts to score but backed straight out every time he got near the edge.  

Dopiest quote of day. Nickal stalls his way to major decision! Lol.

What a stupid comment

Actually, he had a post that was even worse if you can believe that. He made a post, then he liked his own post! And he has the guts to lecture others around here. 

Apparently my comment struck a nerve....Rather than drag this topic thru mud trodden with sincere interest only by those who have followed Michigan wrestling for decades, let's agree that it's possible to view things from different perspectives.  From mine, I prefer to applaud former Wolverine wrestlers like Otto and Tyrell who achieved AA despite similarly serious physical setbacks without ever offering excuses.and exhibiting true leadership qualities.  Cheap?  Not so much.

Your perspective is absolutely that of a coward and cheapshot artist.  You have maligned the character and effort of a great wrestler, person, and member of the UM wrestling family.  To think that you are supporting Otto and Tyrell by trashing the character of a fine young man is sickening. Anthony dealt with a debilitating illness his entire senior year and was hit by a staff infection two weeks before nationals--to say that his failure to AA was due to lack of effort is bogus and you should be ashamed. My name is John Jeffire and I am Anthony's high school coach.  Unless you wish to remain the anonymous worm that you have been thus far in this thread, please leave your name.  Your comments are utterly disgraceful, and you have disgraced Otto and Tyrel (both good friends of Anthony) by smearing this good man's name.

On Nickal stalling --- he was. Guess what, Garrett got called for stalling during his match where he handled his guy. Must be impossible ... How could that happen? For a portion of the match he backed up and blocked off. Just like Nickal. Only Nickal didn't get called for it. Seems like your only defense is that Nickal was winning big so he could not have been stalling? Weak sauce.

I feel for Penn State. Incredible team but they are represented on these boards by classless sore winners.

Actually, he had a post that was even worse if you can believe that. He made a post, then he liked his own post! And he has the guts to lecture others around here.

Did I? I'm on cell phone, can't see who liked what. And again, your logic is impeccable. Please connect the dots here. Seems like you grasp an anything and say 'see, proof!'

Serious question, how old are you?

Haha, I've asked that a thousand times. I'm guessing a twelve year old with braces and David Taylor PJs.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you NJWC. He is 50 years old living in his mom's basement. He still

has David Taylor PJs though.

I feel for Penn State. Incredible team but they are represented on these boards by classless sore winners.

Sore winners? You're the dope that made the stupid negative comment about a kid that is as exciting to the sport as they come.

Had nothing to do with Penn State. Saying Nickal stalls when he majors a guy is as dumb as it gets. It's like saying Gilman, Dieringer, Snyder, and Martinez stall. Just a dopey comment. Appreciate the great ones don't hate

Pish -- get your head out of your ass. Read what I wrote. During that period of time in the match he was stalling. I already said he was better. He clearly was. And he clearly is awesome but for that period of time he was stalling.

Do you have your head so far up your ass that you feel that he can not be called for stalling simply because he was active and dominant during other times during the match?

Wake up man.