over the years i think he has consistently been the one of the Most exciting guys to watch, glad to see he finally gets on the podium. Hell maybe he can beat Nico, that would be amazing. Either way i hope he transitions into freestyle. Good news is his brother josh wrestles the same style and he has 3 more years left.

Guys with Judo backgrounds are fun to watch.  Anyone remember Kenny Hashimoto from Northern Colorado?

Or Travis Lee?

Also, Hawaii prep wrestling is fun if you enjoy the Judo influence. Lots of throwing, lots of funk. On the women's side, Teshya Alo and he sister follow suit.

If you thought that was awesome (which it was), go watch the slideby he hit on Dance for the only TD of the match. I've watched decades of wrestling and hat was the baddest slideby I've seen at NCAAs. It looked like he teleported himself into position before he threw it. Sickness.

over the years i think he has consistently been the one of the Most exciting guys to watch, glad to see he finally gets on the podium. Hell maybe he can beat Nico, that would be amazing. Either way i hope he transitions into freestyle. Good news is his brother josh wrestles the same style and he has 3 more years left.

He has always been elite from neutral and one of my favorites to watch.  I'd very much like to see how he would transition to freestyle.

In all fairness, you acted like he was going to show up in a gi and bow before he shook hands.....

yeah - but not as egregious as stating he'd bow before he stepped on the mat!

He's a nasty style for most - but having seen a lot of his matches, I believed Mega wasn't a good match up for him. He's just too stingy on his feet.

Of course, which is why I picked Mega though my heart was with the funky Hawaiian. Mega is a tough out for all but one or two guys and even against those guys he's a point away if not ahead. I think Gilman did him a favor because he matches up better against Gilman than Tomasello.

Edited by wrestlingnerd