Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

VT is Embarassing

But he's winning a Natty next year, right?

I'm from Philly, there is a saying we use after every season "There is always next year".

So yes, yes he is. Although if they toss Hoffman, which I expect, I won't follow them as closely, and they certainly won't get any more of my money.

I'm from Philly, there is a saying we use after every season "There is always next year".

So yes, yes he is. Although if they toss Hoffman, which I expect, I won't follow them as closely, and they certainly won't get any more of my money.

Why do you think they will get rid of Hoffman, and why would you oppose that so much?

Tech has 1 in semis and 6 in blood rd. blood rd is the key here, they go zero and out there it's been a **** show. if on other hand they win all 6 and end up with 7 AAs?

somewhere in between most likely 

I'm a vt fan and not thrilled with our results so far. I felt we should have had at least one or two more guys in the semis but that's on us. The better guys won their matches because our oranges got a little irritated and they lost. Good news is we have a lot of guys who can still reach the podium with a win tonight. Congrats to walz for not being an orange! ZZ gets kudos too. Tough to beat a guy 3 times especially if he won't wrestle and stalls.

Better than Dresser, Robie, Zadick, or St. John? Seriously?

Yes seriously, from what i've been told by guys with first hand experience at least. Obviosuly not in terms of credentials and Im sure not not everyone feels that way, but he's a favorite of the guys on the team from what i've heard. 

Edited by newyorkwrestler

Yes seriously, from what i've been told by guys with first hand experience at least. Obviosuly not in terms of credentials and Im sure not not everyone feels that way, but he's a favorite of the guys on the team from what i've heard. 

Makes sense, with him being an alum. Interesting to hear.

... this topic is embarrassing- VT is still in good position to place a nice group of guys- this is the best of the best, one point anywhere along the way, one PPPAR (piss poor punk ass ref) bad call, etc. can make a big difference. Let the dust settle, or call Dresser out face to face next time you see him.....  

Dance did mess up in round one. Didn't wrestle well today either but got injured and eventually lost. From what I'm hearing possible Achilles tear. Not good if true. That's a nasty injury with tons of rehab time.

Edited by Creek chub

Note: This was written, full of emotion, after Dance and ZZ lost. If they come back, they deserve it. The point still stands on the coaching situation. He called out Iowa and now looks like an idiot. He tried to sell the world on a conspiracy and had no proof.

That's embarrassing.

Edited by HokieHWT

So, I looked it up re: Dance.  After watching him live against Bentley of Pitt I posted on February 6 that he wasn't a Top 4 guy, and AKHunter, HokieFan, and ShowMe all said I didn't know what I was talking about.  The results speak for themselves.   

So, I looked it up re: Dance. After watching him live against Bentley of Pitt I posted on February 6 that he wasn't a Top 4 guy, and AKHunter, HokieFan, and ShowMe all said I didn't know what I was talking about. The results speak for themselves.

That's a little unfair. He is absolutely a top 4 guy if we're talking match by match. He can beat anyone heads up for one match.

His issue is he's not a good tournament wrestler. I said this at the beginning of the season and got lambasted by a bunch of guys. I'd like to hear from those guys now.

Some wrestlers can cut weight for three days and manage to perform at a reasonably high level. Some literally cannot. Their bodies just don't allow for it. Dance is one of those guys. I've heard him speak about cutting weight and getting tired and sluggish about a dozen times since his freshman year, e.g. working on his conditioning, needing to have a 7-minute tank, needing to start cutting earlier in the season, needing to pace himself into a tournament, etc. He is a very tough and determined kid so I have every reason to believe he tried his hardest to rectify these issues. But the body said no. The grind is tough enough as it is, not being good at cutting makes it that much worse.

Edited by wrestlingnerd