Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

VT is Embarassing

So, I looked it up re: Dance.  After watching him live against Bentley of Pitt I posted on February 6 that he wasn't a Top 4 guy, and AKHunter, HokieFan, and ShowMe all said I didn't know what I was talking about.  The results speak for themselves.   

Yep, Dance **** the bed.  No other way to look at it. Still, he's beaten all the top guys so the point that he's on their level stands.  Anyway...

How about the job tonight by the Hokies.

Chishko guts out 2 wins today and 1 yesterday with an obvious injury to place top 6.

Brascetta wrestles half the year on one leg and turns it on - taking revenge on Gantt in the process.  I like his chances to make the 3/4 match.

McFadden surprises everyone as a true freshman with a top 6 finish.

Epperly looked terrible in round 1 but has been a force since. I like his chances to finish 3rd.

Zavatsky **** the bed too but not quite as bad as Dance.

Haught gets upset in round 2 and then storms back for a top 6 finish.

Walz has looked great, just ran into a buzz saw.  Took him down and wrestled him better than anyone else so far.

6 AAs is a record and a possible trophy tomorrow.  I think we've done pretty well.

it's not often I am right ..... but by golly I am wrong...again. My appologies to Dance and the pooping the bed comment. I saw him just before the end of Fridays evening session...... on crutches and in a walking cast.

I'm from Philly, there is a saying we use after every season "There is always next year".

So yes, yes he is. Although if they toss Hoffman, which I expect, I won't follow them as closely, and they certainly won't get any more of my money.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot Nostradamus.....

VT was also docked a team point on a questionable shove by Brascetta..otherwise, it would have been two points ahead of Iowa.

Domenic Abounader was pulled off his back for a phantom illegal hold against Sammy Brooks that a review showed was not there.  The game can be played out all day.

Edited by VakAttack

No phantom pin against Tomasello, he was pinned........

Mike McCormick is one of the best officials out there and he was right on top of it....

I watched the video several times....  

A pin is the entire scapula     

No phantom pin against Tomasello, he was pinned........

Mike McCormick is one of the best officials out there and he was right on top of it....

I watched the video several times....  

A pin is the entire scapula     

Edited by scrambler

Domenic Abounader was pulled off his back for a phantom illegal hold against Sammy Brooks that a review showed was not there.  The game can be played out all day.

Not sure why this was aimed at me since I was only responding to the Hawkeye excuse maker about points being docked against both teams.  

But if you want to further the excuse making even more to the absurb, please continue! It is always funny to see Iowa fans knee deep in BS.

Not sure why this was aimed at me since I was only responding to the Hawkeye excuse maker about points being docked against both teams.  

But if you want to further the excuse making even more to the absurb, please continue! It is always funny to see Iowa fans knee deep in BS.

The reason Iowa was docked a point was because their coaches went crazy that the refs took the Michigan wrestler off his back with both of his arms controlled by the Iowa wrestler, very much about to be pinned.  Va. Tech was unfairly penalized one point.  Iowa was unfairly penalized 3.  I don't really care that much since 4th or 5th, who gives a rip, but it's not "bs", it's what actually happened.

The reason Iowa was docked a point was because their coaches went crazy that the refs took the Michigan wrestler off his back with both of his arms controlled by the Iowa wrestler, very much about to be pinned.  Va. Tech was unfairly penalized one point.  Iowa was unfairly penalized 3.  I don't really care that much since 4th or 5th, who gives a rip, but it's not "bs", it's what actually happened.

So Iowa was docked 3 team points???  I thought they were docked just 1?

Just trying to keep a "Apples to Apples" comparison without someone trying to throw "Oranges" into the mix...

Edited by Hokierama

Knee deep in BS? Frankly, I don't care, it's for 4th frickin place. I was merely pointing out that Iowa lost 3 team points because a ref decided to interject in a match and pull a guy off of his back. This was in response to Dresser having the last laugh. It sounds like VT had a questionable call as well, if neither team had those questionable calls then Iowa would have been ahead by 1. Sorry if that comes across as knee deep in bs.

So Iowa was docked 3 team points???  I thought they were docked just 1?

Just trying to keep a "Apples to Apples" comparison without someone trying to throw "Oranges" into the mix...

Ahh, I get it, it's funny because Kevin Dresser called the Iowa coaches oranges as a euphemism for a female body part.  Truly, you are a comedic genius.  Here you go:  If you pin someone in a tournament format, you get 2 additional team points.  If, instead, you are pinning someone and the referees pull them off their back to review an illegal hold that did not exists, and instead you just win by a decision, you have lost those three points.  It is difficult to pin high level Division 1 wrestlers the one time, let alone trying to do it twice.  This has been your daily lesson.

Knee deep in BS? Frankly, I don't care, it's for 4th frickin place. I was merely pointing out that Iowa lost 3 team points because a ref decided to interject in a match and pull a guy off of his back. This was in response to Dresser having the last laugh. It sounds like VT had a questionable call as well, if neither team had those questionable calls then Iowa would have been ahead by 1. Sorry if that comes across as knee deep in bs.

Ahh, I get it, it's funny because Kevin Dresser called the Iowa coaches oranges as a euphemism for a female body part.  Truly, you are a comedic genius.  Here you go:  If you pin someone in a tournament format, you get 2 additional team points.  If, instead, you are pinning someone and the referees pull them off their back to review an illegal hold that did not exists, and instead you just win by a decision, you have lost those three points.  It is difficult to pin high level Division 1 wrestlers the one time, let alone trying to do it twice.  This has been your daily lesson.

So, Iowa was only docked 1 team point and VT was docked 1 team point for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That's what I thought.  No need to bring "oranges" to the equation...

Keep shoveling guys....we finished ahead of you and you guys are too chicken**** to schedule us next year.  

So, Iowa was only docked 1 team point and VT was docked 1 team point for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That's what I thought.  No need to bring "oranges" to the equation...

Keep shoveling guys....we finished ahead of you and you guys are too chicken**** to schedule us next year.  

Yes.  I have tons of control over the schedule.  I guess "oranges" are now equivalent to facts.  Man, you're a real tough guy online though, lol.