Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

VT is Embarassing

Yes.  I have tons of control over the schedule.  I guess "oranges" are now equivalent to facts.  Man, you're a real tough guy online though, lol.

No.."oranges" is the new "Black and Gold"...

It's about time for waders already...

Edited by Hokierama

Wow, you have some major issues.

No..obviously you do if you are trying to put "what ifs" into a discussion on team point deductions.  Both VT and Iowa had 1...Iowa did not have 3 team points deducted.  

Delusional...

Obviously you didn't watch the match. Anyway, thanks for the laugh this morning. Have a nice day.

Both VT and Iowa had 1 pt deducted...Iowa did not have 3 team points deducted = FACT

Edited by Hokierama

Whatever you say, little buddy.

-1 team points deducted for using the same kind of put down twice in a row... I am sure that in "Iowa speak", that equates to -5 team points ...

Edited by Hokierama

Hokierama, do you think that the pin wasnt going to come then, since you're suggesting iowa only lost one point. Yes they only had one team point deduction, but they extremely likely lost 3 points total because of that. It is totally relevant to the discussion that the refs call cost iowa three points. If the ref doesnt make that mistake, iowa gets the pin and the coaches dont get the team point.

Hokierama, do you think that the pin wasnt going to come then, since you're suggesting iowa only lost one point. Yes they only had one team point deduction, but they extremely likely lost 3 points total because of that. It is totally relevant to the discussion that the refs call cost iowa three points. If the ref doesnt make that mistake, iowa gets the pin and the coaches dont get the team point.

Iowa only had 1 team point deduced, not 3.  I am glad that you agree too. 

Every person that watched the NCAA tournament can point to a questionable call (especially with the inconsistent application of stalling) that affected a match and the accumulation of points...even VT.  VT finished 4th and Iowa finished behind them at 5th.  

But taking someone off their back and basically giving them a second chance? If this was a VT wrestler who had the pin taken away I have a feeling you would have not had a hard time using that as an arguement. Stalling in itself is controversial and a judgement call. Literally taking a person of his back for an "illegal" move that wasnt there is not.

Edited by maolsen

But taking someone off their back and basically giving them a second chance? If this was a VT wrestler who had the pin taken away I have a feeling you would have not had a hard time using that as an arguement. Stalling in itself is controversial and a judgement call. Literally taking a person of his back for an "illegal" move that wasnt there is not.  

No. In the end, the points are the points.  I wouldn't be that much of a cry-baby to start pointing to controversial calls (or non-calls) to justify my team scoring below another team.  

No one is saying that the lack of stalling calls in the Renda or Walz cost us X points and thus, finishing 3rd to Ohio State isn't a big deal because we were better. No, in the end, Ohio State scored more points and deserved their finish....  You sure as hell don't see Hokie fans using "orange logic" in an OSU thread to some how spin the simple fact that we finished below them into something that isn't there.

BTW: Isn't what you are describing (in bold and underline) above a "judgement call"?  

Edited by Hokierama

I will admit that I was wrong to post this here or anywhere. I let my emotions get the best of me in response to gloating VT fans.

A Buckeye points out the fact that VT finished ahead of Iowa.  You respond to that fan with this spin... "Only because an assistant ref interjected when he shouldn't have and was on a power trip ".

Not sure where you get "gloating VT fans"....

#delusionalIowaFan

If it was an Iowa wrestler on his back, and VT fans claimed that he WOULD HAVE been pinned................................

Dude was flat, no way in hell Brooksy doesn't get the pin. Unfortunate situation. VT fans just need to recognize the FACT that it would have put Iowa over them in the end, but it didn't happen. Just like there were prob 50 different scenarios that would have changed team scores as well. Just the way it goes. As a tOSU fan I was ready to accept as low as a fifth place finish. Though I was farely certain Kyle would win, NOBODY could have predicted Myles' performance. As it turned out that locked up 3rd place for us. That being said, the scores between 3rd, 4th and 5th was so close I don't see it as we are better than Iowa and VT. To me we were all pretty even. Hard to say you are a better team based on a couple points.

As a VT fan it isn't hard to admit Brooks and Iowa got screwed...... in the moment I would have been pissed too.

Nato was NOT pinned............. when they showed the replay on the "big screen" the crowd reacted "WOW" throughout the arena because the replay CLEARLY showed Nato wasn't pinned. NONE of his scapula on one side was near the mat.

Anyone that says he was pinned didn't see it clearly..........maybe it was the rose colored glasses.

Bad calls happen throughout the tournament. Some go your way some don't.

GO HOKIES!