Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

VT is Embarassing

This can go back and forth.......   Watch the match, AGAIN, his scapula touches.  The ref had his face right there and it was clear as day.  The only argument can be made that it was quick, but it doesn't mater, if it touches it is a fall.  The ref (one of the best on the floor by the way)saw it touch, so he called the fall.......    

And i was rooting for Nato and was absolutely shocked......

This can go back and forth.......   Watch the match, AGAIN, his scapula touches.  The ref had his face right there and it was clear as day.  The only argument can be made that it was quick, but it doesn't mater, if it touches it is a fall.  The ref (one of the best on the floor by the way)saw it touch, so he called the fall.......    

And i was rooting for Nato and was absolutely shocked......

?? Scapula touching is not a fall. Admittedly, in reality, most falls are probably not a full second but just touching is not even the rule internationally. I didn't see it and am only reacting to your statement that it doesn't matter. The time length of touch does matter.

?? Scapula touching is not a fall. Admittedly, in reality, most falls are probably not a full second but just touching is not even the rule internationally. I didn't see it and am only reacting to your statement that it doesn't matter. The time length of touch does matter.

What are your thoughts on the match?

Edited by scrambler

Concerning Gilman/Nato.  I didn't see the scapula touch...at all.  No dog in this fight, but really, you saw a scapula touch? I don't believe it ever got closer than 2".  Not trying to stir this up, but I thought it was an embarrassingly bad call. 

Concerning Gilman/Nato.  I didn't see the scapula touch...at all.  No dog in this fight, but really, you saw a scapula touch? I don't believe it ever got closer than 2".  Not trying to stir this up, but I thought it was an embarrassingly bad call.

They showed a pretty good video sequence of the fall during the ESPN Off the Mat telecast.

Gibbons commented that he didn't think it was a pin. In fact, he laughed at the call.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Seems like the overall majority on the no-fall at 184 and the fall at 125 feel it's a push. Both teams lost team points. 

Scores are final. Let's move on, folks. This is an overall embarrassing thread. 

I agree with you there JB.  

Hopefully HokieHWT has moved on to financially back another program....

Edited by Hokierama

I'm from Philly, there is a saying we use after every season "There is always next year".

So yes, yes he is. Although if they toss Hoffman, which I expect, I won't follow them as closely, and they certainly won't get any more of my money.