Sign in to follow this  
Cedeno

Iowa Team Score

I was a few feet away. I missed the original call but was close enough to hear the ruckus. As out of control as he seemed he was never close to swearing, I heard a holy cow among other things, and he kept pulling the assistant back behind the line. There was a lot of sarcasm to be sure and the most interesting parts were him looking over his shoulder at Anthony Holman the NCAA rep and yelling they got me and also at Tim shiels the chief of officials that recently replaced Pat McCormick.

While Brooks was in the middle of pinning his guy the ref decided to stop the match because of an illegal hold. Video review confirmed that it was in fact not an illegal hold. I've never seen a ref stop the match like that when the guy is flat on his back. Robbed Iowa of 3 team points after the deduction.

If what gimp said is true and he didn't miss a profanity-laden tirade, that ref should be hung by his balls and stoned. Absolutely unbelievable how the idiot can rob a team of points at the NCAAs like that not once, but twice in the same match.

I know refs are human but nothing makes me angrier than the aholes who let their ego get in the way of doing their jobs.

While Brooks was in the middle of pinning his guy the ref decided to stop the match because of an illegal hold. Video review confirmed that it was in fact not an illegal hold. I've never seen a ref stop the match like that when the guy is flat on his back. Robbed Iowa of 3 team points after the deduction.

I saw it and was amazed. And I don't even like Iowa. I suppose you can argue that if the ref thought there was an illegal hold he has to protect the wrestler, but I didn't see it and ref didn't put his nose in their to check.

If what gimp said is true and he didn't miss a profanity-laden tirade, that ref should be hung by his balls and stoned. Absolutely unbelievable how the idiot can rob a team of points at the NCAAs like that not once, but twice in the same match.

I know refs are human but nothing makes me angrier than the aholes who let their ego get in the way of doing their jobs.

At least you're reasonable about it.

Thankfully you didn't let your ego get in the way of your post.