Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Medal Round discussion

Boyd beats Miklus 6-0 with over 3 minutes of OT.  I've not seen many guys make as much in season improvement as Boyd did this year.  

I was just saying that on Twitter.  I'm trying to remember someone who clearly jumped levels like this.  Not just placing at NCAAs, he's been this guy, very suddenly, since January.

Yep.  At the Scuffle Boyd loses twice to guys he's since beaten, and then the 5th place match of the scuffle he annihilates Jordan Rogers and maybe exercises some demons against funky guys who beat him with angles.  Then he goes on this 20-1 run with the loss to Dean yesterday where he took 20 shots and just couldn't finish on the better Dean.  

Edited by boconnell

Walz beats Marsden 9-4. 

Marsden has no interest in wrestling against guys better than/equal to him.  He made absolutely no effort to beat Coon or Walz but went hard in the other matches and even put up some bonus.  I guess he was content to just be 5th and end his career.  Really strange lack of effort in those matches.  

Boyd beats Miklus 6-0 with over 3 minutes of OT.  I've not seen many guys make as much in season improvement as Boyd did this year.  

I believe Miklus may have TFed him at the scuffle last year? Or majored him at the very least, it wasnt even remotely close