Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Dresser, I'm Sorry

that your ego is so fragile that you felt you had to text me this morning to ask that I stop trash talking, especially about you. Yes, it is easy to armchair quarterback. I'm proud of what the kids have done, and what you've HELPED build. Wish I could still be part of it, but I choose to run my mouth and you choose to seek out who was behind the handle.

I bet you'll still cash my check every year, though.

Who's an orange now?

Sincerely,

Dr. Tom Long, PhD

VT Class of '05, '07, '15

I apologized via text this morning. But upon further reflection I realized that no coach, in any sport, would figure out who a poster, on a forum was, then contact them, a booster by the way, and ask them to not trash talking him. He likes to call people out, so do I.

Edited by HokieHWT

Gee I can't figure out why a guy "HELPING" build an excellent program would have a problem with someone trashing said program. Dressers orange statement, while off color, MAY have had things behind it we simply don't know. Incidentally, I have asked SEVERAL HOKIE fans what they thought about "Dressers Rant". Not one thought it was BAD. Most thought it was funny. At this point it seems obvious........... you have an agenda.

silver-medal and MSU are spot on.

Freedom of speech is a fundamental tenet of our country. That a head coach who should be focused on a little thing called the NCAA championships can even think of taking the time to ferret out the identity of a poster who has been completely supportive the entire season and made one insignificant thread out of frustration as a fan--for which he immediately apologized with a dedicated thread--is truly beyond belief.

Dresser would do well to take a page out of Cael Sanderson's book and tell his entire team to ignore the boards.

that your ego is so fragile that you felt you had to text me this morning to ask that I stop trash talking, especially about you. Yes, it is easy to armchair quarterback. I'm proud of what the kids have done, and what you've HELPED build. Wish I could still be part of it, but I choose to run my mouth and you choose to seek out who was behind the handle.

I bet you'll still cash my check every year, though.

Who's an orange now?

Sincerely,

Dr. Tom Long, PhD

VT Class of '05, '07, '15

Good question Tom... Who IS the orange? A coach ( assuming that was even Coach Dresser) that texts you privately to request that you as a "supporter" of the VT program not trash the program on a public message board, or someone that while claiming to be a supporter, chooses to try and kick the program when it was down following a particularly disappointing session at NCAAs and, even worse, chooses to take a not so subtle shot at Dance by inferring that maybe he wasn't really hurt through the use of your quotations when describing his injury?

I think the actions speak for themselves.

Sincerely,

Chris Taylor, P.E.

VT Class of '83

How does he have or get your phone number??

I find it incredibly hard to believe Dresser would give two ****z bout what someone posted on a forum. Only way this makes any sense is if Dresser knew hokiehwt personally and also knew his forum identity prior to all this taking place. Doesn't sound like that is the case so, I'm calling shenanigans on this one...

Well the extra time he may have spent worrying about this issue would have been better served trying to to help his team actually achieve a 3rd place finish. Plenty of time in the off season to deal with these type of outside issue rather than let them distract you from immediate priorities like a podium finish. If Dresser is actually that mixed up on his priorities he's going to have trouble keeping the team in contention.

Edited by MadMardigain

No head coach should seek out the identity of a poster on a message board. We all express opinions that are sometimes accurate and sometimes less so. Unless someone is lying outright in a slanderous fashion, it's smart to just ignore.

His screen name is "Hokieheavyweight." As a regular reader of this board (with no connection to Va Tech whatsoever and no particular reason to pay attention to his posts), I know that he has a PhD, that he recently moved to or from Texas, and that he is a booster of the program. How much "seeking out" do you think Dresser had to do to unmask him? Edited by PhiferFuqua

Honestly, I am shocked a DI coach would give 2 bleeps about what posters on this board have to say. I am definitely leaning in your favor on this and I would trade you team situations in a heartbeat!!!!!!

I'll trade ISU team situations too.