Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Dresser, I'm Sorry

His screen name is "Hokieheavyweight." As a regular reader of this board (with no connection to Va Tech whatsoever and no particular reason to pay attention to his posts), I know that he has a PhD, that he recently moved to or from Texas, that he is originally from the Philadelphia area, and that he is a booster of the program. How much "seeking out" do you think Dresser had to do to unmask him?

Oh ok, my handle is "bucksfan", I have a bachelor's degree, I recently moved from California back to Ohio and I am a booster of the program. You think Tom Ryan could easily track down my identity with that info? Then get my cell phone number to boot? Idk man that's not alot of information to go on. If my handle had my actual last name in it then yea maybe, but....

that your ego is so fragile that you felt you had to text me this morning to ask that I stop trash talking, especially about you. Yes, it is easy to armchair quarterback. I'm proud of what the kids have done, and what you've HELPED build. Wish I could still be part of it, but I choose to run my mouth and you choose to seek out who was behind the handle.

I bet you'll still cash my check every year, though.

Who's an orange now?

Sincerely,

Dr. Tom Long, PhD

VT Class of '05, '07, '15

You've got to be kidding me, with respect to making a text message he sent to you public. You're lucky if he ever speaks to you again after that.

If he said to (for example) Quint Kessenich or Jason Bryant that you needed to stop with the trash-talking, that's fair game for you to respond to publicly. If he sends you a text, however, in that regard, that's off-the-record.

Not the first coach to try to find out who a poster was online and threaten them.

That didn't sound like a threat, just a request.

Maybe you ought to stick to covering Indiana High School wrestling the same way you prefer I stick to non-reproduction. Perhaps the college head coaches are a bit too much of public figures for your style.

That didn't sound like a threat, just a request.

Maybe you ought to stick to covering Indiana High School wrestling the same way you prefer I stick to non-reproduction. Perhaps the college head coaches are a bit too much of public figures for your style.

I can do both, you see I actually do important things when I'm at NCAAs instead of try to convince people the announcers are directly tied to concession revenue.