Wire

Billy Baldwin

"A former standout wrestler at Binghamton University turned actor, Baldwin will be a guest analyst throughout the three days. He was a leader in keeping the sport in the Olympic Games, having joined USA Wrestling’s Committee to Preserve Olympic Wrestling.​"

Is it me ... or has his resume "Grown just a bit" over the years?  I did not know hw was a "Standout" at Binghamton.

I had gathered he was a former wrestler, yet not to this extent.

I don't have a problem with the interviews but is it too much to ask the morons manning the cameras to focus on the wrestling during the finals as points are being scored instead of the interviews? They zoomed in on JB blabbing off for what seemed like an eternity while Dudley was getting his escape on Dean. No offense to JB, but there's a champion being determined on the mat....

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Why do wrestling fans hate everyone that promotes the sport?

Bingo.  We finally get a mainstream celebrity willing to add his/her name to the the sport on a consistent basis and folks still find a reason to b!tch. No wonder we have issues.

Billy Baldwin is a horse's ass. I don't know if he is promoting the sport. Seems to me he is prompting it to people who are watching it already. Mostly he is promoting himself.

A few years ago we had some very good short films with John Irving. Billy Baldwin is to John Irving for wrestling as Billy Baldwin is to Robert DeNiro for acting.

Edited by NJDan

Billy Baldwin is a horse's ass. I don't know if he is promoting the sport. Seems to me he is prompting it to people who are watching it already. Mostly he is promoting himself.

A few years ago we had some very good short films with John Irving. Billy Baldwin is to John Irving for wrestling as Billy Baldwin is to Robert DeNiro for acting.

I wasn't aware that John Irving was trying to get air time and Billy Baldwin was stopping him.

I can see questioning what Baldwin brings to the table.  I happen to think he is positive, engaging, and his genuine love of wrestling comes through.  You can't fake coming every year since 1979.  I can't see any thought of him as a negative who takes something off the table.  He isn't promoting himself any more than Kessenich, Robles, or any other announcer.  He is endlessly positive about every wrestler and the sport as a whole.  The only issue with him I could understand is his ridiculous hair this year. 

I think he did fine for what it was. It couldn't hurt having some outside voices speak to the importance of our sport.

But, did he say he's came every years since 1979?

Or that he's been coming since 1979? i.e. 1979 was his first years and he's been attending on and off since that time.

I though it was the second one and some people are slightly yoveremphasizing how invests he actually has been in the sport by assuming it was the first one.

While I am not a big Baldwin fan, and I am not much for the immediate interview right as they are walking off the mat........at least none of them pulled what Willie Sailor did when he was interviewing IMar.  What a putz.......

For those who haven't seen it, start about the 1:10 mark........

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/936571-imar-through-the-peaks-and-valleys

Don't think that was Willie on the camera.

Posted by him, so I made the assumption.

Either way, how do you ask a question like that? I was shocked that IMar didn't just walk away. Maybe it's just me, but are some questions you just don't ask. This, IMO, was one of them.