Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Championship Thread

I have no problem with 3 point TDs, I think it's a great change.  

But the better guy won that match.  Being able to compete for 7 minutes matters.  Being able to get out from bottom matters.  Managing match tactics and not giving up unanswered points to end periods matters.  And scoring TDs on your own shot in OT matters.  

But the better guy won that match. Being able to compete for 7 minutes matters. Being able to get out from bottom matters. Managing match tactics and not giving up unanswered points to end periods matters. And scoring TDs on your own shot in OT matters.

In no world can Snyder ride Gwiz without stalling. He was very, very fortunate.

But the better guy won that match.  Being able to compete for 7 minutes matters.  Being able to get out from bottom matters.  Managing match tactics and not giving up unanswered points to end periods matters.  And scoring TDs on your own shot in OT matters.  

Nah.  Those things matter, but Gwiz outwrestled him for 6:30.  Snyder would have lost that match in freestyle 4-2.  Congrats to him, he's the Champ, but I don't think he was the best heavyweight this year.

In no world can Snyder ride Gwiz without stalling. He was very, very fortunate.

He just did it.  Managing tactics is part of wrestling.  Getting taken down at the end of the period will always lose matches.  Taking guys down for unanswered scores is great wrestling, not getting fortunate.  

Nah.  Those things matter, but Gwiz outwrestled him for 6:30.  Snyder would have lost that match in freestyle 4-2.  Congrats to him, he's the Champ, but I don't think he was the best heavyweight this year.

It is beyond dumb to arbitrarily apply freestyle scoring to a match wrestled under folkstyle rules.  Nolf would have thrown Martinez for 5 in a Freestyle match but never came close to a TD on the move.  That doesn't somehow make Martinez lucky to win.  These matches were contested under folkstyle rules and pretending otherwise is foolish.  

He just did it. Managing tactics is part of wrestling. Getting taken down at the end of the period will always lose matches. Taking guys down for unanswered scores is great wrestling, not getting fortunate.

He was 2 seconds from a loss on stalling. Gwiz deserved it.