Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Championship Thread

It is beyond dumb to arbitrarily apply freestyle scoring to a match wrestled under folkstyle rules.  Nolf would have thrown Martinez for 5 in a Freestyle match but never came close to a TD on the move.  That doesn't somehow make Martinez lucky to win.  These matches were contested under folkstyle rules and pretending otherwise is foolish.  

Plus there wouldn't have been a 30lb difference in free. Snyder had 4 scoring shots (from which each scored twice), Gwiz had none. Snyder rode when he had to, Gwiz didn't.

It is beyond dumb to arbitrarily apply freestyle scoring to a match wrestled under folkstyle rules.  Nolf would have thrown Martinez for 5 in a Freestyle match but never came close to a TD on the move.  That doesn't somehow make Martinez lucky to win.  These matches were contested under folkstyle rules and pretending otherwise is foolish.  

You're right.  I'll rephrase.  Gwiz scored 2 takedowns to Snyder's 1, and if Gwiz weren't a dimwit, it would have been 2 to 0. This forum's noses are so far up Snyder's butt they can't see when he got outwrestled for nearly an entire match.  Gwiz pissed it away, Snyder got lucky.

Plus there wouldn't have been a 30lb difference in free. Snyder had 4 scoring shots (from which each scored twice), Gwiz had none. Snyder rode when he had to, Gwiz didn't.

Snyder "rode".... that's for sure. Even though Gwiz had like 45 seconds more in RT

You're right.  I'll rephrase.  Gwiz scored 2 takedowns to Snyder's 1, and if Gwiz weren't a dimwit, it would have been 2 to 0. This forum's noses are so far up Snyder's butt they can't see when he got outwrestled for nearly an entire match.  Gwiz pissed it away, Snyder got lucky.

I think Snyder got outwrestled for almost the whole match.  I argued with the idiots who made Snyder a big favorite based on imaginary freestyle practice matches.  I'd be tempted to pick Gwiz in a rematch.  I think the funk he had left the freestyle Snyder flat on his belly.  I think the mat wrestling was on two different levels.  I think Snyder was fortunate to come out on the perfect timing of both the RT and stalling count.  

But Snyder didn't get lucky.  There was no controversial reffing.  There was no penalty or stalling points.  He tied the match on an offensive TD and then won it on another offensive TD.  

Nah.  Those things matter, but Gwiz outwrestled him for 6:30.  Snyder would have lost that match in freestyle 4-2.  Congrats to him, he's the Champ, but I don't think he was the best heavyweight this year.

What is with you guys? The best heavyweight won because he had more points at the end. Some of you remind me of the fans who say their football team would have won had they not had the four turnovers. The reason they had four turnovers was because they were getting their dicks knocked in the dirt. You gotta be in shape to wrestle seven minutes. You need to have a complete skill set. Drives me up the proverbial ****ing wall.

I think Snyder got outwrestled for almost the whole match.  I argued with the idiots who made Snyder a big favorite based on imaginary freestyle practice matches.  I'd be tempted to pick Gwiz in a rematch.  I think the funk he had left the freestyle Snyder flat on his belly.  I think the mat wrestling was on two different levels.  I think Snyder was fortunate to come out on the perfect timing of both the RT and stalling count.  

But Snyder didn't get lucky.  There was no controversial reffing.  There was no penalty or stalling points.  He tied the match on an offensive TD and then won it on another offensive TD.  

I think he got lucky that Gwiz had a brain aneurysm with 30 seconds to go.  

3 point lead, 1 stall call against, 30 seconds left.  Put him in Carver Hawkeye with a bunch of dimwit Iowa fans screaming for stalling and he still shouldn't lose that match if he just circled and kept his distance.  Snyder earned those late TDs, but he got lucky that Gwiz even decided to tie up with him.  

Ha - no shame in that batting average. Oh and please send someone to PSU. We need to replace the big apple.

Hey now, you've got the Nevills pipeline going to CA :) Plus, you're already stacked and the Valencias are already at ASU

Man, I wanted Morgan to win this one.

I think he got lucky that Gwiz had a brain aneurysm with 30 seconds to go.  

3 point lead, 1 stall call against, 30 seconds left.  Put him in Carver Hawkeye with a bunch of dimwit Iowa fans screaming for stalling and he still shouldn't lose that match if he just circled and kept his distance.  Snyder earned those late TDs, but he got lucky that Gwiz even decided to tie up with him.  

It was a 2 point lead with 1:02 of RT, meaning that if Snyder scored a TD with more than 2 seconds left the RT was a non factor. 

Anyone who has ever given up a late TD while winning by 2 screwed up.  And anyone who has ever scored a late TD down by 2 did something right.  Gwiz joins many other aneurysm victims (Dan Dennis) who have lost a 1 TD lead late.  I am guessing that Gwiz being totally gassed had something to do with the aneurysm.  

Hey now, you've got the Nevills pipeline going to CA :) Plus, you're already stacked and the Valencias are already at ASU

Man, I wanted Morgan to win this one.

We are ..... Thankful.

Morgan is a good egg. Wish he could have found a way.

I would just like to point out that by ohcomeon's Logic Tomasello was the better wrestler and he pissed his win away by giving up a TD to lose. Knowing he has Megaduluis beat every time he would be a 2 Timer right now..

Thanks ohcomeon for helping me see the light..

Seriously. Take the loss like a man...

I would just like to point out that by ohcomeon's Logic Tomasello was the better wrestler and he pissed his win away by giving up a TD to lose. Knowing he has Megaduluis beat every time he would be a 2 Timer right now..

Thanks ohcomeon for helping me see the light..

Seriously. Take the loss like a man...

What are you talking about?  Are you trying to apply some misinterpreted version of my logic to a completely different match, and then extend it to another completely different match, and then use the resulting absurdity as evidence that the original, unrelated logic was faulty?  Jesus, with that kind of ass backwards thinking, it's no wonder outsiders view this sport and its fans as primitive.  Why don't you tuck yourself in for the night and leave the discussion for the adults?

Edited by ohcomeon

What are you talking about? Are you trying to apply some misinterpreted version of my logic to a completely different match, and then extend it to another completely different match? Jesus, with that kind of ass backwards thinking, it's no wonder outsiders view this sport and its fans as primitive. Why don't you tuck yourself in for the night and leave the discussion for the adults?

Interesting. When the shoe is on the other foot you come to reason..

Folks. This douche is a grade A Gwiz homer as we expected.. Logic is unreachable..

My suggestion is you keep drinking your sorrows away in your Mommy's basement but close your laptop she got you for Christmas..

What are you talking about?  Are you trying to apply some misinterpreted version of my logic to a completely different match, and then extend it to another completely different match?  Jesus, with that kind of ass backwards thinking, it's no wonder outsiders view this sport and its fans as primitive.  Why don't you tuck yourself in for the night and leave the discussion for the ADULTS?

Now that's a bold statement! (Don't take the bait and respond angrily, I'm just messing with you)

There is no way to spin it that Gwiz did not blow this match. Up by two with 30 seconds and you do not back up to the edge and stall it out? He does that he wins. And it was not the only tactical mistake he made. Winning a title is obviously very hard. Once you get to the point where you have the match, you have to take it no matter if you win ugly or not.

-One of the best set of finals matches I've ever seen, even though not all my guys won.

-A bunch of the stall calls were for hanging down on the legs for 5 seconds -- couldn't the announcer hear the official counting?  I could hear him at home.  I don't mind criticism of the officials when they blow it (and don't fix it via replay) but lots of the criticism was unwarranted. 

-Really looking forward to Nolf-IMar IV.

-Really glad for Megaludis, sorry for Macintosh, but Cox is just better. 

-Best HWT match ever. 

What are you talking about?  Are you trying to apply some misinterpreted version of my logic to a completely different match, and then extend it to another completely different match, and then use the resulting absurdity as evidence that the original, unrelated logic was faulty?  Jesus, with that kind of ass backwards thinking, it's no wonder outsiders view this sport and its fans as primitive.  Why don't you tuck yourself in for the night and leave the discussion for the adults?

Irony?  This entire post reeks of primitive language usage and primitive thinking.  Blame everyone else for wrestling being a cult sport?  Blaming others is week.  Stop being week.