Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Championship Thread

Gwiz was my boy too guys but give it up; he lost.  If anything the people who hemmed and hawed about who would win this matchup should be comforted by how dang close it was.  One of the best HVY finals of all time between two of the best HVYS ever, what more can you ask for??

Gwiz was my boy too guys but give it up; he lost.  If anything the people who hemmed and hawed about who would win this matchup should be comforted by how dang close it was.  One of the best HVY finals of all time between two of the best HVYS ever, what more can you ask for??

THIS.  No one should take away from Gwiz, but to say he won....is too much.  He knew the score throughout the match and knew he had to more at the end and simply couldn't. I point to anaerobic capacity.  And mind over matter stuff.  Kyle has been wrestling this whole season in college that like nothing was never enough.  He'd get big leads, and instead of protecting them and wrestling smart, kick huge bears of dudes out, then take them down. The only reason to takedown a hwt 5-10 times in a match is because he has bigger fish to fry and is using his mat time as training (at nationals no less)....and that style of intensity is something Gwiz couldn't match last night.  He might next time they wrestle, but he either would have to lose a ton of weight or he'll be wrestling a much bigger Snyder.   In the meantime he has to get ready to wrestle Tervel, Bradley and Rey, while Kyle has to focus on Bergman and Varner.   

Edited by Fishhook