Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

So is Tom Ryan officially a genius?

They didn't seriously challenge for the team title, in spite of these adjustments. But overall produced very well. I remember when tOSU was scratching at the basement of the big10 and the program was habitually moribund. Not very long ago.

The criticism over pulling snyders redshirt had nothing to do with the ncaa's, and the decision i'm sure wasn't Ryan's either. Snyder beleives he can do it all, he's one step closer after last night

The decision was all TR.  TR investigated the situation with the NCAAs prior to talking with Kyle Snyder's parents and then eventually Kyle Snyder himself.  Once that was in motion, TR then went and talked to the Martin family.  There are interviews with Snyder and Ryan regarding how all of this transpired.  

The revised plan was set in motion in order to repeat as National Champions.  Even though that didn't workout, individually it worked out for Snyder and Martin.

Edited by meluvwrestling

I don't know enough about the scoring to answer this correctly but IF Tomasello won, Micah made the finals (just sidenote, he did beat Heil twice in HS) and Bo makes the final.  Do they win?  Because I'm not so sure that was too far from happening.  I guess you also have to take into account that if you wrestle that tournament 10x, Myles wins once and Snyder probably 7/10.  so you'd have to take that into account as well.  Lot would have to go their way.

I don't know enough about the scoring to answer this correctly but IF Tomasello won, Micah made the finals (just sidenote, he did beat Heil twice in HS) and Bo makes the final.  Do they win?  Because I'm not so sure that was too far from happening.  I guess you also have to take into account that if you wrestle that tournament 10x, Myles wins once and Snyder probably 7/10.  so you'd have to take that into account as well.  Lot would have to go their way.

PSU finished with 123, OSU finished with 86.  OSU would've needed Tomasello to win it, Micah to place top 3, and one of the supporting cast to mid-AA.  This scenario also assumes Myles wins the title... which even the most optimistic fans thought was a long shot.  

People are focusing on the wrong issues with Micah anyway.  His weight wasn't the issue, and there's no evidence at all that would suggest he would have done better at 149. He's still learning to deal with his nerves in big matches and mentally he locks up his offense.  Hunter was similar in his freshman and sophomore years. Micah has the ability to win a couple of titles over the next few years if he can put it all together (and work on his mat game).

You have to remember that back when TR pulled the redshirts he was still hoping that Hunter would be back close to his old self.  Without a healthy Hunter at 149 it was a long shot for Ohio St to win unless PSU had one of their main guys seriously under perform.  PSUs guys all did pretty much what could be expected of them so they sealed the deal.

Micah Jordan would have made AA at 149....

He wanted to win it and was very close to beating Meredith.  In the wrestle backs his bottom wrestling, and possibly the hangover of losing in the semis so close, cost him. That could have happened at any weight. But the only chance Micah had of winning an NCAA title this year, was at 141.   

He wanted to win it and was very close to beating Meredith.  In the wrestle backs his bottom wrestling, and possibly the hangover of losing in the semis so close, cost him. That could have happened at any weight. But the only chance Micah had of winning an NCAA title this year, was at 141.

Agree. He was like 7 seconds from winning that match vs Meredith. I know it was high school but Micky beat Heil multiple times then and that is something that cannot be discounted in the mental aspect. His best shot was 141, no doubt.