DF

Diary of a Champion

Dear Diary,

It was the end of the 1st period of the wrestle off, and I was more gassed out than Clark Griswold was in the race against his son Rusty in the parking lot at Wally World. It was a hopeless proposition. I was already down by half a dozen. My opponent piled on another half dozen in the 2nd period. By that time I had already given up, like Carlito after getting popped by Benny Blanco. Sorry guys, all the heart in the world can't stop me from losing now. Lay down...lay down. Gonna stretch me out on this here mat. Always knew it would end like this, but a lot later than a whole gang of people thought. Last of the Moh-Ricans...well maybe not the last. Jadidi won that match. No room in this sport for big hearts like his. Sorry man, they screwed you the best they could, honest. Can't come with me on this trip. Getting the shakes now, last call for drinks, bars closing down. Sun's out, where are we going for breakfast? Don't wanna go far. Rough sport, tired...tired.

Then it happened...

I struck up a conversation with the guy stocking the backshelves and it turns out he was a former NCAA champ. What a coincidence!

That, my friends, is pure comedy.

That is an actual photo of DF's first wrestle-off match, he is getting tilted to the max....but he is starting to figure it out. I found it in his diary. The NCAA champ he met stocking shelves told him not to shave his moustache...among other things, which I shouldn't reveal since this is DF's story. DF scored a lot of interest in his few posts/entries but now he thinks he can stall out on the rest of this thread.

I cannot in good conscience allow DF to stall out this thread forever. That will probably only strengthen his resolve, but we have to try something. If only there were a way to virtually rain boo's upon him until he is sufficiently inspired to share a new entry...

Question: which was written first, this post which ends without any closure or The Fault in our Stars which features a book inside the book that ends with no closure and parallels the protagonists revelation that death doesn’t really offer any closure, so we have to create our own meaning and appreciation for all of life’s fleeting and flail nature’s?