Sign in to follow this  
lewboo

Champs knocking heads

[*:31sd1del]
    There are currently 3 different weights with 2 former NCAA champions competing before, has that ever happened before? Also when an NCAA champion moves up in weight against another NCAA champion, name them and who has won, the lighter wrestler moving up, or the heavier wrestler defending?

I beleive Burley and Lewboo each had a title when they wrestled Lewboo's junior year and Burley's soph (I think I have that right).

Demeray from Wisconsin went up to 158 for a stretch and lost to Pat Smith.

I beleive Burley and Lewboo each had a title when they wrestled Lewboo's junior year and Burley's soph (I think I have that right).

Correct, but even more intriguing. !978- Mike Land beats Lewboo at 126; 1979- Lewboo beats Azevado at 126, Land moves up and loses to Burley at 134; 1980- Lewboo moves up and beats Burley at 134

jstock my 3 lowest scoring matches in my college career were all at the Midlands in 6 minute matches.

My sophomore year I beat Jim Hanson fromWisconis 4-1 in the finals. My junior year I beat Tim Cysewski

who was out of college and going for his 6th straight Midlands title 6-4. My senior year I beat Jim Gibbons

5-4 in the semifinals of the Midlands. Those were my 3 lowest scoring matches during my career. Um 158, I didn't forget Gable beating Grant, I didn't list any matches. But what I wanted wasn't matchups during the year of NCAA champs moving up, but rather at

the NCAA tournament. Johnny Thompson, I will answer your question in a little bit.