Sign in to follow this  
jammen

Where does Sueflohn rank among best to never AA

Definitely one of the best regular season guys to never AA.  Definitely had some headscratchers come NCAA tourney time.

2012-10 seed-Went 1-2 losing in the opening round to Nick Nelson and then beat Mike Kessler before losing to Billy Ashnault.

2013-9 seed-Won 1st two matches before losing to Jordan Oliver and then Dylan Ness in R12.  DEFINITELY a bad draw!

2014-rs

2015-6 seed-Won 1st match then lost to Kinding, won his 2nd match and then lost to Villalonga.

2016-7 seed-Won his 1st 2 then lost to Sorenson and then lost to Martinez 7-5 in R12 to fall a tiny bit short of ever becoming an AA.

Still, it's a career that most DI wrestlers would trade him for in a heartbeat!  The kid was a goer and always looked like he was giving maximum effort.  He definitely deserves a tip of the cap!

Edited by MSU158

Guest Kingsland

Thomuseit of Pitt was another guy who i can't believe never aaed. He came into the tournament his senior year as the 2 seed.

I would say "very high." Sueflohn was always fun to watch. I've never really followed NEB wrestling super closely, but Snyder and Burroughs and Sueflohn have been the (3) that have stuck out for me as "don't miss" matches in B1G's and Nationals along the way. Obviously, other guys have done really well at NEB, so I'm sure your favorites may be others, but these (3) are the ones I've followed.

[EDIT: "right there with Sanders" is definitely not correct.]

Edited by rstrong

Definitely one of the best regular season guys to never AA.  Definitely had some headscratchers come NCAA tourney time.

2012-10 seed-Went 1-2 losing in the opening round to Nick Nelson and then beat Mike Kessler before losing to Billy Ashnault.

2013-9 seed-Won 1st two matches before losing to Jordan Oliver and then Dylan Ness in R12.  DEFINITELY a bad draw!

2014-rs

2015-6 seed-Won 1st match then lost to Kinding, won his 2nd match and then lost to Villalonga.

2016-7 seed-Won his 1st 2 then lost to Sorenson and then lost to Martinez 7-5 in R12 to fall a tiny bit short of ever becoming an AA.

Still, it's a career that most DI wrestlers would trade him for in a heartbeat!  The kid was a goer and always looked like he was giving maximum effort.  He definitely deserves a tip of the cap!

Really, so in 21 minutes you analyzed every wrestler that never AA'ed over the span of a 88 years and say you have a definitive answer? 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Really, so in 21 minutes you analyzed every wrestler that never AA'ed over the span of a 88 years and say you have a definitive answer? 

Damn, your reading comprehension is literally amazing.  Where do I give a truly definitive answer.  I said he was definitely one of the best REGULAR SEASON wrestlers to not AA.  One of the best is a loose term that I think someone that earned a top 10 seed every season deserves.  He was 24-9,22-5, 29-4 and 27-6 going into each NCAA tournament.  That is a complete pre- NCAA tournament record of 102-24.  How many guys do you know that won over 100 matches wrestling for a B1G team(not including the NCAA tournament) and were never AA's?  He also did it in undeniably the toughest conference, having #1 Russell, #2 Marion, #6 Stieber and #9 Dardanes in his weight his freshman year.  He moved up a weight the next season having #4 Ness, #7 Lopouchanski, #11 Alton and #12 Grajales.  He then had his winningest season having #1 Tsirtsis, #3 Grajales, #7 English and #2 seeded Dardanes.  Finally, this past season he entered the tournament with 6 losses(5 in B1G), 3 to #2 Sorenson, 1 to # 1 Retherford and 1 to Tsirtsis.

If this guy doesn't qualify as one of the best regular season wrestlers to not AA, I would love to see a list that puts a majority of non AA's(that obviously had 4 very successful regular seasons) ahead of him!!!

Edited by MSU158