Sign in to follow this  
OUcat

Is there a name for this move?

Wrestler A is in on a head outside single. Wrestler B clamps wrestler A arm between his legs, stuffs the head and power halfs Wrester A over. In the final position Wrestler B is flat on his stomach with Wrestler A arm trapped between his legs, his other arm secured, and A is essentially draped over Bs back but with As shoulders exposed for near fall.

I don't know but I've been suggesting to FLO for a few years now that they do a video series that shows a variety of different moves using all the terminology that they're called around the country.  It'd be perfect for Bader and be a great service to wrestling fans.

The only thing I can picture is a "crucifix," which I've also heard called a "mouse trap." Not sure if that's what you're describing, though.

Yes that's it....found this vid on YouTube. Move is at the end. Was getting nostalgic about hitting that move in HS and couldn't remember if it had a name

At the end of this video. Got to love the internet!

In the late '60s, down in the "Pit" where we had jr high practice, I invented that move, and coaches had never seen it....so it was called the 'medicine man' special. (No, that is not my real name).  I used it when riding, by trapping opponent's left arm between my knees, then slip in wrong side half (which we were told never to do because it left you vulnerable to side roll), and power that half toward me and forward....well, just like the kid did in video, except from other side.  After a few years, my wrestling partners learned to get out of it.  I never used it when I got in high school.  True story.

Actually, Rick Sanders had something like that that I saw him do at Penn State back in 1968, I believe.   He'd step up his front foot when he was on top to bait the bottom man into grabbing his leg, and then put in a reinforced half nelson on the far side and cranked the daylights out of the bottom guy. 

I don't think I ever knew a name for it.  The mousetrap happens similarly when the bottom guy is looking for a peterson roll, but its not precisely the same position. 

Actually, Rick Sanders had something like that that I saw him do at Penn State back in 1968, I believe. He'd step up his front foot when he was on top to bait the bottom man into grabbing his leg, and then put in a reinforced half nelson on the far side and cranked the daylights out of the bottom guy.

I don't think I ever knew a name for it. The mousetrap happens similarly when the bottom guy is looking for a peterson roll, but its not precisely the same position.

Yeah mousetrap is usually to counter a Peterson but it's pretty much exactly the same position as in the video.