Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Hodge Announcement Coming Up

It'd be interesting to see the tallies for all the candidates. The article says that Ringer received 27 of

the 45 first-place votes (which would represent 60% of the total votes cast). And while they mention that

Zain was the runner-up, they didn't provide his vote total. We only know that he got the two votes connected

to the fan balloting.

We know even less about the voting outcomes for Garret and Snyder. Who finished behind Zain? Or was their

a tie for the # 3 spot? I'd suggest that fans would be interested in more detail, such as is provided in the Heisman

Trophy balloting. (Example at: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/12/12/10015764/2015-heisman-trophy-voting-results-ballots)

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Congrats to the Ringer.  Retherford now goes into next season as a heavy favorite to win it, and maybe to end up as the third guy to win it multiple times.

Snyder will win it at least once assuming he maintains a somewhat normal collegiate career.  And if Snyder medals in the upcoming Olympics--esp if he wins gold--how does he not win it the following two years unless Retherford makes a world team and medals?

Snyder will win it at least once assuming he maintains a somewhat normal collegiate career.  And if Snyder medals in the upcoming Olympics--esp if he wins gold--how does he not win it the following two years unless Retherford makes a world team and medals?

Because it's a collegiate wrestling award, not a Freestyle award.  At least that's how I've always looked at it.    And if Snyder keeps wrestling this type of schedule, which I think he will, he's not going to win it, no matter how good he might be.  Especially with his current collegiate total of 1 pin.

Is their a Freestyle criteria we don't know about?  How about a criteria for most takedowns and uncontested escapes?  I understand why you are touting Snyder and he is an amazing talent.  But, he simply doesn't fit into the Hodge like Retherford and probably wouldn't fit into it like Cox or Dean.  Also, is he going to continue to wrestled shortened seasons?  Is he going to get back points in matches?  Is he even going to try to do so?

His neutral wrestling is special, although Gwiz did make him look human, but I don't think that conforms well to what the Hodge is all about............