Sign in to follow this  
FreezeWrestling

Chance Marstellar

Wrestling this weekend at the last chance OTT qualifier, and not under the Cowboy Wrestling Club name.

US Senior Last Chance OTT Qualifier MFS 74 Chance Marsteller (College) Pennsylvania Unattached 03/27/2016 08:35 a.m. 03/27/2016 08:35 a.m

I'm curious to see how he does, as most of us know, last year he made it to the finals of the Junior World Team Trials and then got hammered by Mark Hall. That being said, Logan Massa won the mini-tournament whose competitors included Jason Nolf and Logan Massa (Massa beat Nolf, and Chance beat Massa). 

Coaches that wouldn't release a wrestler in a situation like this should have a hard time looking at themselves in the mirror. Let the young man go somewhere to turn a new page and hopefully thrive. You're supposed to be helping to build future leaders and outstanding members of the community.

Edited by nom

Coaches that wouldn't release a wrestler in a situation like this should have a hard time looking at themselves in the mirror. Let the young man go somewhere to turn a new page and hopefully thrive. You're supposed to be helping to build future leaders and outstanding members of the community.

We have no indication he has left the school yet or requested a transfer, and you are already hypothetically letting the hypothetical coaches who hypothetically denied the hypothetical transfer have it.

WOW, I just saw this: Oklahoma State's Chance Marsteller transferring to Gettysburg College, To Receive Track Scholarship

More details on his Twitter... it looks like he's done at the end of this summer. Really sorry to see him hang it up. :(  

Too bad it's not true. I think we could have worked it out so he could run track and wrestle.

Oh, just never saw him in their lineup is all.

http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/532455-back-home-nys-finalist-chris-koo-transfers-to-binghamton-from-ok-state

Went on Binghamton's site and didn't see Koo's name on the roster or in the results. The above article states that he needed to help his family, so I don't know what that means.

If not Binghamton, maybe he ends up at Buffalo with Stutzman. If not Buffalo, maybe he ends up at Sacred Heart across Long Island Sound to workout with former NCAA champ Derek Moore. Maybe Hofstra has some money for the guy and can make the 30 minute drive from his home worth his while. To put it plainly, the kid has a lot of options.

Then there's this info from quick__single's club/school page: http://www.ascendwrestling.com/. About 1/4 of the way down, somewhere between an October 18 posting and a February posting, it says that Koo is coaching with Craig. The story mentions his time at Okie State, but nothing about Binghamton.

Chance looked good out the gates at the last chance qualifier, including taking an early 3-0 lead on Anthony Valencia. Valemcia controlled the rest of the match and eventually won 9-4 to take on Mark Hall in tonight's finals.

Chance looked great and was a lot more offensive than he was during this season at 157. That said, his tank was still not where it needs to be to remain competitive at a high level. He got third place winning by tech, but looked tired at every restart in the 2nd period. He had an edge on Valencia as mentioned and then fell a little flat (of course, Valencia has something to do with that). Hall ended up beating Valencia in a really exciting 5-4 match in the finals.

Has Marstellar been training in the OK State room?  If not and he is training on his own, 3rd is not a bad finish.  Kid needs to get close to home where he's happy.  He must still like wrestling, otherwise he wouldn't be competing in events like this.

I've seen all I needed to see to tell me he'll be at okie state in the fall between what his Twitter shows me and the fact that he had a Titan mercury singlet on and Schaefer and Morrison were in his corner that's all I need to know

Which means he'll be going up against Isiah White, should he win wrestle offs in the room.